Dusk sensor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How about a piece of black vinyl and heat it and cut it so it fits right on the sensor nicely

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

KBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you trim the tape and take your time putting it on it doesn't look bad. Use black duct tape though. I popped the thing out and unplugged it so I could work on it easier.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Canadian Raptors have HID lights and still have the DRL, I also did a HID conversion and the DRL still works properly.
If you cover up the dome wont your GPS think its dark out and revert to night mode GPS.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The problem is if you tape that dome, the screen dims to your night time setting and it makes it harder to see in the daylight. But if that's your only option, it's the only option.

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can just go into the GPS options and shut the dark mode off.
I stand corrected!

If I'm not mistaken, you can also adjust the display brightness offset to help out with that. I have mine turned all the way down at night because a 9" screen at night is just too damn bright at night.