Led projector wiring question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matts6foot8

Reaction score
I have a 2010 and the previous owner had hid's installed which the ballasts were failing and I removed. I installed the projectors that have the led chip built in. I'm sorry I don't know the official name of that style, bi-led? Anyways the oem headlamp socket is a 3 wire. So when I check for voltage with the switch on low beam the low wire gets 12v and the high gets 0 like it should. But when I switch to high beam the high wire gets 12v and the low wire gets 8v causing my projectors to shut off on high beam. Anyone know why that low wire is dropping to 8 volts? If it stayed 12v the light would stay on while I've engaged the brights. It works great on low beam just not on high beam.

OP
OP
Matts6foot8

Matts6foot8

Reaction score
I'll answer my own. I did not realize that the truck in stock form was halogen which would mean noor less voltage to the low beam wire when the high beam is engaged. I ended up just running a relay and it works great.