Dusk sensor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PJF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told the light sensor is that black dome that is in front of the center speaker. Does anybody know if that sensor controls anything else? I'm asking because I'm wanting my parking lights to stay on day and night but be controlled in the automatic on/off mode. I keep forgetting to turn the parking lights off. I was thinking about painting it so it will think its dark all the time. Taping it just didn't look good at all.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not just turn the little dial one notch to your right and viola running lights during the day..

Just purchase the switch required for Canadian shipped vehicles

OP
OP
PJF

PJF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just turn the little dial one notch to your right and viola running lights during the day..

Just purchase the switch required for Canadian shipped vehicles

Which switch did you buy? Do you have a link to it?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It is the black dome looking thing. I've put a hat over it before and the lights kicked on. How do you forget to turn the parking lights off? The chime the truck makes when you leave the key in or leave the lights on is hard to miss.

Banned
Reaction score
how do you forget..... does your truck not make a sound? do you have short term memory loss? not to be a ****, and im sorry if it sounds like i am, but how hard is it to turn them on and off?

and just go to your dealer and tell em you want the DRL turned on.

OP
OP
PJF

PJF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you forget..... does your truck not make a sound? do you have short term memory loss? not to be a ****, and im sorry if it sounds like i am, but how hard is it to turn them on and off?

and just go to your dealer and tell em you want the DRL turned on.

I forget a lot when after I drive up to the hospital to do emergency surgery. I think if I just took my time getting out of the truck someone would have a problem with that LOL. So I did call my service department and they said that DRL wasnt an option for me because of the HID lights. Thats when he told me to put duct tape on the black dome sensor.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well there you go...is there anything duct tape and bailing twine can't fix?