Door Panel Rock Damage - Concern?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Not sure I have ever seen that stuff, where can you pick it up at?

Probably Auto Zone I don't know I just saw the commercial. I wish I knew about it for my RPG bumper skid plates. I paid a shop to apply the film (mine are painted Oxford White) and it wasn't a cheap endeavor.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
52k miles, high-speed off-roading, no mud flaps, no 3M film, and not a single paint chip? Did you ever go off-roading with the BFGs? Their tread seems perfectly suited for grabbing and throwing stones. I wonder if it's all in the different tire...

Minor offroad with the bfgs. I had those while I was still 15 so only duck hunting in minor mud and slow trails. I'll go take some pictures real quick

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is that Line-X? I'm convinced that after my paint is completely wrecked in a few years, I'm going to Line-X the whole damn exterior. Weight be damned! I've seen it look pretty good, if its done right.

Supposedly Line-X is going to be releasing a lighter, tougher product that was designed specifically to coat the entire vehicle.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with Huck. Stock tires love rocks and they love throwing them. Hell every morning when I leave my 1/4 mile white rock drive I throw rocks for quite a while afterwards. You can see them flying out to the sides and hear them hitting underneath. No extra dings in doors since I put mud flaps on. Not everybody likes flaps but, I don't mind them and they stopped the rocks from beating up the sides.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the running boards are left on it definitely blocks the rocks...

If you want to play you've got to pay. Just like yours, I've got rock chips and sandblasting all over mine. It's like a badge of offloading accomplishment. No Street Queen here!