Door Panel Rock Damage - Concern?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The pictures Blondie posted are about as bad as mine, just tiny little rock chips right underneath where the 6.2L badge sits, I would've posted mine but my truck is at home

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya. I'm not too worried about 'em. I gotta get both my passenger doors painted anyways. Some low life ******** decided to key my truck last weekend because of how much space my truck took and it might have got a little close the ******** ************* Chevy Malibu. Whoopty doo. Now I gotta pay out of my pocket to fix my truck. Great. Just what I want to do is work my ass off just for my truck. God, please let me meet that son of a bitch someday.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I dunno B, my 2010 tux black in 54,000 miles picked up 1 rock chip on the rocker panel. My 2013 thus far hasn't had any. Sure sounds unusual.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
*cough*Texas Raptor Run*cough*

Lol, just giving ya shit birdman, no need to get butthurt

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

One thing I noticed is the faster you go in the dirt the less rocks you'll pick up and therefore the less chips you'll get, but either way I wouldn't really worry about it

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got the 3m put on pretty soon after but I definitely hear rocks hitting at times, 3m has done a pretty good job protecting the paint but sometimes the mud shoots up higher on the door, haven't had anything of note in terms of chips though. The BFGs do grab rocks pretty easy though.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Try that spray-on 3M bra coating on just the rockers. Tape off at the door line and go nuts. The stuff peels off like plasti-dip so it can't hurt to try

OP
OP
BMart

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
I emailed my dealer to ask about it, but honestly I don't think I would put up a fight if they say no. I mean, I saw rocks stuck in my tires when I got in the truck, I drove the truck, I heard the rocks hitting the door, and then found the chips. Realistically, I can't worry about cosmetics on an off road truck, I need to embrace this sort of stuff (as hard as it is) or every little pin stripe will drive me crazy! I just wanted to make sure it's not going to hurt anything other than eyeballs.

The first scar sucks, I need to just roll it down a hill and get over it.