Did my l truck die or shut off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, this auto shutdown is a feature I dislike and really hoping Liv can figure out away to turn it off in forscan eventually. I sometime take conference calls from the truck so idling for longer than 20 minutes is pretty common for me.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, this auto shutdown is a feature I dislike and really hoping Liv can figure out away to turn it off in forscan eventually. I sometime take conference calls from the truck so idling for longer than 20 minutes is pretty common for me.

I haven't done it myself, but I believe the truck warns you before it shuts off and gives you the option to extend the idle time. That works when a person is behind the wheel, but not for pets or kids in the back.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Auto shutdown is to prevent people from dying when it's inadvertently left idling in their closed garage.

aizdaman

Reaction score
I do believe there is a chime and notification that happens. If you do nothing, the truck will turn off on it own. If you action the warning, it will stay on with the timer resetting. I have not tried this in my truck yet but it did operate in this fashion on my 2015 Lariat.

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was sitting in my vehicle texting... Definitely don't remember hearing a chime and seeing any warning of any sort. I literally thought it died. All accessories (radio & fans) stayed on.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Half the guys over 60 ain't hearing shit. Especially a lil v6 with a huge muffler.

Wolff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My shelby has done it before. It shut down automatically after 20 minutes