Did Ford Build Anyone Else's Wrong?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did not come with the painted mirror caps with the 801A with the proper mirror options. I told my salesman the day I signed the papers, even had my print out showing they should come painted. He did not look at it, told me to bring it to service one day soon. I did. They took pictures of my truck, and I will be getting my painted caps put on tomorrow. They are painted from ford even, some dealers have had to order the correct ones and paint. I would tell your dealer ford needs to give you a new tailgate . They are two different tailgates. Not just a sticker/stick on.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your's too? Yet somehow it's still faster than my wife's Grand Cherokee SRT with a 6.2L "Hemi." Must be the aluminum.

Not believing this. Stepped out of a 2014 Jeep SRT into this truck, as well as a 2011 Raptor. That Jeep pulls like a freight train on the low and high end all the way past 140 MPH. Plus, it handled like a Porsche, not a 6000 pound truck. I love the raptor, but its not going to outrun an SRT. Maybe in the first 1/8 mile, but it will be over after that (on the street of course). In the Raptors world, it absolutely will dominate.

Last edited:

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your's too? Yet somehow it's still faster than my wife's Grand Cherokee SRT with a 6.2L "Hemi." Must be the aluminum.

LOL good one :ROFLJest:. Faster than an SRT8. I haven't laughed so hard in a while. :ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

Not believing this. Stepped out of a 2014 Jeep SRT into this truck, as well as a 2011 Raptor. That Jeep pulls like a freight train on the low and high end all the way past 140 MPH. Plus, it handled like a Porsche, not a 6000 pound truck. I love the raptor, but its not going to outrun an SRT. Maybe in the first 1/8 mile, but it will be over after that (on the street of course). In the Raptors world, it absolutely will dominate.

He's either been drinking way too much or he's just a very, very delusional fanboi.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get the new tailgate or a check for the difference. They may exchange your old tailgate as a core to be shipped back to Ford.
Congrats on your new truck.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL good one :ROFLJest:. Faster than an SRT8. I haven't laughed so hard in a while. :ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest::ROFLJest:

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

He's either been drinking way too much or he's just a very, very delusional fanboi.

When I walked into the Ford dealership to purchase the new SCREW, they were telling me how fast the Raptor was. I looked at them and laughed, I said its not as fast as that Jeep outside. They then proceeded to laugh at me. I handed them the key to the SRT and told them to take it for a quick spin. When they returned, they were no longer laughing and agreed with my assessment.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I walked into the Ford dealership to purchase the new SCREW, they were telling me how fast the Raptor was. I looked at them and laughed, I said its not as fast as that Jeep outside. They then proceeded to laugh at me. I handed them the key to the SRT and told them to take it for a quick spin. When they returned, they were no longer laughing and agreed with my assessment.

Oh I believe you. I had a 2010 GC SRT8 before my Raptor and it was a monster on the streets.