Deavers for the new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
3 mo now with my Deaver +3s... I can repeat what I said after installing them on my '12... best mod for these trucks, hands down. Bigger price tag for what they are, but worth it.

With my bedrack, and after out last trip, my stock leafs had sagged quite a bit. I'm now back up to stock height with all the gear in bed. May settle some still, and still don't have my rear winch mounted but hoped for a slight front high stance. Currently perfectly level with 3" collars @ a little over 42" fender to ground in all corners. I did get the rear shackles to drop the rear, but held off installing to see how much it settles and keep the cushier ride for the time being.

Being in the midwest, had them powdercoated again per Deaver's req for warranty. I'd consider doing it solely for looks alone though.

1052E403-37D2-4FCA-BA60-E3F9CB6B755E_zpsyzjrkdwe.jpg

Wait, did you have them powder coated like that before or after installing? They look really good.

The +2s on my truck look like shit after only 1 season in the snow, despite coating the shit out of them w/ HDMP. I was going to have them pulled and re-coated but then I decided to just get the +3s instead. I was debating having the +3s pulled apart and line-x'd or something before even installing this time but haven't decided yet.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm set for springs, was offering to direct ya to someone who would do a group buy. No skin in the game, just offering to help for anyone wanting to take the reigns

Just curious why we should PM you so you "can help coordinate a group purchase?"

If you can do it, do it. Post up here and let us know what you can provide and the pricing. Easy peasy :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Wait, did you have them powder coated like that before or after installing? They look really good.

The +2s on my truck look like shit after only 1 season in the snow, despite coating the shit out of them w/ HDMP. I was going to have them pulled and re-coated but then I decided to just get the +3s instead. I was debating having the +3s pulled apart and line-x'd or something before even installing this time but haven't decided yet.

Deaver coordinates it, they make the set, then break them down to PC, then reassemble and ship. Adds a week or two into the mix. Initially did it to help protect against our Midwest salt, but really worth it for looks alone.

apeezie289

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm set for springs, was offering to direct ya to someone who would do a group buy. No skin in the game, just offering to help for anyone wanting to take the reigns

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Deaver coordinates it, they make the set, then break them down to PC, then reassemble and ship. Adds a week or two into the mix. Initially did it to help protect against our Midwest salt, but really worth it for looks alone.
How are the +3 deavers road manners? I know they are just right for off-road but wondering if they make the truck more stiff on road

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does +3 mean that once installed the rear will be 3" taller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck has a 2 inch block in the rear. The springs add 3 inches and removing the block makes the truck is 1 inch taller.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

Thanks! This is exactly what I have been looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cropdoc

Reaction score
Have run Deavers on my last three trucks. Always happy. Sure interested in powder coating !!! I always have a 700 lb atv in the back so I'm thinking I would need +2 and leave the factory 2" block in. My 2018 Raptor is supposed to be in soon. Anyone know how much sag I will get with a 700 lb atv ??

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Search the Gen1 threads for reviews on progressive leafs. There are many of them, and generally it will be similar for new trucks regarding road manners with diff load and rates.

If you run with your intended load, it will ride like a Cadillac. If your running an HD/+3/etc springs and have an empty bed, it will obviously ride less than ideal since it was setup for 3-400lbs of weight, but is it tolerable, absolutely. Will ocd owners here complain about it, probably.