Dealer Disater Today !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, Carfax reports are generated by insurance claims, i.e. the auto insurer who pays to have the vehicle repaired. So I doubt you will have that problem, but I could be wrong. Did you get a police report at the scene of the incident?

OP
OP
twlhunter65

twlhunter65

Reaction score
FYI, Carfax reports are generated by insurance claims, i.e. the auto insurer who pays to have the vehicle repaired. So I doubt you will have that problem, but I could be wrong. Did you get a police report at the scene of the incident?

No cops showed up,the dealer had a flatbed there in less than a half hour. The owner of the dealership told me today they are useing there insurance so I figure the carfax thing will be there.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BS, tell them you want pictures of the backing plate. If its bent and all they plan on doing is bending it back and calling it good...

Also tell them you want an alingment (and you want to see the print off) to see what the thrust angle on the rear axle housing is. If it hit hard enough the housing may need re-alingment or further inspected for trueness.

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If they still charge you pay the bill and tell them they lost a customer and go to another dealer and tell everybody on here about your bad experience. Whats the name of the dealer?

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
So I'm thinking now that they have caused my truck to have a collision record with car fax the value has droped due to thier error. Once I get it all figured out and get a number on things I'm thinking of trying to get them to buy and install some of those purdy fox blue cam covers Ford raceing has.Maybee some raceing cams while there at it.

They owe you if the truck is devalued. Sue them for depreciated value. Had a friend get rear ended in an Infinity. He tried to trade it in a week after the fix. The dealer offered him $18,000 less than blue book because it was wrecked. He had not signed off on a fix with the other insurance company yet so he went after them for depreciated damage. He got a check for the differance. See what happens. I think a one on one with the dealers owner, manager and whoever else may need to be in there and pay your family attorney to sit in. I bet you will be happy in the end.....

BDRAG

OP
OP
twlhunter65

twlhunter65

Reaction score
If they still charge you pay the bill and tell them they lost a customer and go to another dealer and tell everybody on here about your bad experience. Whats the name of the dealer?

I dont want to drop any names yet, I have had a good relationship with them untill this,they did my perch adjustment, pushed the Ford rep and got me new running boards because of the white spots some of us are geting.So I'm trying to be patient as I can.

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

BS, tell them you want pictures of the backing plate. If its bent and all they plan on doing is bending it back and calling it good...

Also tell them you want an alingment (and you want to see the print off) to see what the thrust angle on the rear axle housing is. If it hit hard enough the housing may need re-alingment or further inspected for trueness.

What exactly is the backing plate? Is it behind the rotor? How does it affect things? They said they already did the alignment and it was good.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call ford customer service,I wouldn't be so upset with them but thats crap they wouldn't credit the the service fee. should have been the first thing they did without question.
Mistakes happen but how they are handled afterword makes all the difference.if they don't want to make it right tell the owner your contacting customer service to have ford make it right and I bet he changes his tune.

windsor

Reaction score
Just a thought, did they check the lug nut torque on the other wheels? I feel for you. The dealership I work for has lost some wheels like this, but our owner is a top notch guy. So he fixes the problems right. No expense to the customer. Plus we give discounts to future repairs and/or free oil changes. Sad thing is a kid out of high school or tech school probability rotated your tires. Maybe next time ask for a veteran tech do the repair. I get loyal GT500/Boss 302 customers request me to do their oil changes and rotates(sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging). It just kills me to hear about "bad" dealers.

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
Items that probably need replaced: rotor, backing plate, park brake shoe hardware kit, park brake shoes, lug studs, lug nuts, wheel, tire, drivers underwear.

That shock mount dragging sounds bad. Might need a new axle housing depending on how f'd up it got.

And an RPG frame stiffner with Fox 2.5 air bumps, Fox 3.0 external bypass shocks, front Fox 3.0 coilovers, upper control arms, tie rods, custom tubular front bumper, GPS, race radio,

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Yeah IMO everybody makes mistakes. When's the last time you made a mistake at work? did you get fired? If you were injured then I could say you could take em to court. if they don't fix it to your satisfaction that's a different story! Good luck

Bro. A 35" tire comming off could KILL someone. *** lbs at XX mph = possible Death.