Dealer Bulk (“works”) used oil analysis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
thatJeepguy

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
thatJeepguy

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your silicon levels are nearly twice average. That's usually dust getting past the air filter.

You running the stock air filter/intake?
Hmm i didn't notice that. Perhaps some residual from phasers work? Rtv on the timing cover? If i dusted the motor i would assume more wear which is low.

Last edited:
OP
OP
thatJeepguy

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I ran amsoil SS 5w30 after I drained that dealer bulk “motorcraft” oil out. Here are the lab results. After 3k miles the frikken oil was so dark i wanted to get it out of there. So I had it changed. Here are the results.

IMG_1442.jpeg

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm i didn't notice that. Perhaps some residual from phasers work? Rtv on the timing cover? If i dusted the motor i would assume more wear which is low.
The silicon level is way lower in your latest analysis. Do you run a K&N type filter or CAI?

Last edited:
OP
OP
thatJeepguy

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The silicon level is way lower in your latest analysis. Do you run a K&N type filter or CAI?
That’s a negative. I still think that the high silicone was from when they used RTV to reseal the timing cover during the cam phaser repair. I run regular asś pleated filters from Motorcraft purchased at Walmart.