Daily driver regrets???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ Desert Dawg

The "Platinum" can be had with the 6.2L BOSS, six speed M transmission, and the 3:73 axle. If you change the rims/tires and shutoff the speed-limiter...

Attachments

• IMG_5713.jpg
    IMG_5713.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 48

catosotp

Reaction score
I use mine as a daily driver and I love it. To me, the Raptor is a near perfect combination of my last several vehicles (Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited, 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8, and an Infiniti FX50). It has utility, off road ability, power, and comfort. I couldn't be happier with it as a daily driver.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ whtrapta

Fully loaded Raptor is actually more MSRP than a Platinum.

The Raptor doesn't have a 3:73 axle option.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fully loaded Raptor is actually more MSRP than a Platinum.

The Raptor doesn't have a 3:73 axle option.

thats if you take every option, and your still missing all the extra off-road stuff. i hafta look, but a platinum starts at like 51k, start adding anything (like a 6.2l) and im sure your getting higher then a Raptor.

i take back the 51k, when i was searching for trucks in my area, almost every platinum was stickering for atleast $51k

2nd edit, priced out both the Platinum and Raptor with every option. the Raptor came up about $1200 more, but like $1500 in its options is in the hood and digital mud graphics. Paint is a wash since the Molten Orange and the Platinum White Tri-Coat are the same price. so very similar in price and luxury features, but the Raptor FAR exceeds the Platinum in off-road capabilities. take away the decals, and the raptor comes up a couple hundred bucks cheaper.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you're already sold Desert Dawg.

No need to convience yourself anymore just bite the bullet and embrace it my man.

Resistance is futile, you will be assimulated. :)

hehe...thanks guys! Yeah, I think I am back where I need to be....lol....this thread has been good for me to remember why I wanted one so bad to begin with.

Real world numbers on the ecoboost suck by the way. They are only averaging around 15. I get better than that in my 5.4 raptor! and I have fun and doing it. I'm coming up on 20k and have enjoyed every mile. People ask what my next vehicle would be, and honestly I have no idea. As of now, no other truck is as good as this one.

That is interesting news that I have not heard.....pretty disappointing actually if that is all the EcoBoost is doing. I go through vehicles like crazy (this would be my 65th or 66th one) so I think that is why I am stressing about this; would love to get to the point where you're at to where I have no idea or don't care about the next one because I am that happy with it.

I just ordered one 2 weeks ago because like everyone on here is saying life is too short to wait and enjoy it. Do it now while you can before all the green technology puts us in smart cars

Congrats...I bet you're stoked! Yeah, I should!

The "Platinum" can be had with the 6.2L BOSS, six speed M transmission, and the 3:73 axle. If you change the rims/tires and shutoff the speed-limiter...

Yeah, as well as the Limited. I considered the Platinum, but if I am going to get the 6.2L then it might as well be the Raptor (plus I think the Raptor looks better than the Plat IMHO).

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I will actually use the Raptor since I live in the high desert with plenty of open space and mountains but most of my driving will still be around town. And we go up in the mountains a few times a year for fire wood, Christmas tree hunting, or just for whatever so I will use the utility of the truck besides my weekend forays to Lowes....lol. I am really glad to hear that the Raptor is still pretty maneuverable and probably more than my lifted F250 was.

I kinda figured you would actually use it (based on where you are). But I dont like to make assumptions. And, yeah, it's lots more maneuverable than an F-250.
What really makes it worth it is that this truck kills off road, but yet it's great just running around town.

FX4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DD, you already know my feelings... :peace: I still try to be reasonable and look for something economical since I am keeping the big red ****... Then a raptor passes me, and I am right back to square one. A raptor will actually get 2mpg worse than my current truck, but what the hell nothing I haven't already been experiencing right?

I passed a black raptor today while cruising around in the big red ****, he :flipthebird: and I :flipthebird: back; both of us laughing our heads off! Two raptors stacked up still couldn't see in the windows of my truck, but a raptors ride is smoother than a hott knife through butter, nothing like my sherman tank :shocked:

I REALLY want the scab, it just looks so much meaner to me; but I will end up with the screw for underlying reasons. I like space of a screw, and a rear-facing car seat would eat up all the space in a scab.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DD, you already know my feelings... :peace: I still try to be reasonable and look for something economical since I am keeping the big red ****... Then a raptor passes me, and I am right back to square one. A raptor will actually get 2mpg worse than my current truck, but what the hell nothing I haven't already been experiencing right?

I passed a black raptor today while cruising around in the big red ****, he :flipthebird: and I :flipthebird: back; both of us laughing our heads off! Two raptors stacked up still couldn't see in the windows of my truck, but a raptors ride is smoother than a hott knife through butter, nothing like my sherman tank :shocked:

I REALLY want the scab, it just looks so much meaner to me; but I will end up with the screw for underlying reasons. I like space of a screw, and a rear-facing car seat would eat up all the space in a scab.

hehe...oh yeah, you and I have definitely tossed this around some. Hearing from folks that actually drive the Raptor on a daily basis has really been helpful though.

Funny how my mind works; I got really close to deciding and then thought if I was going to lay down over 50 G's for one, then maybe I should look into my other options again so started thinking about the F250s since I really liked my '08 F250 FX4. Of course, that led to me to ideas and photos of moderately lifted ones since I really love how the new F250s look lifted. So then I test drove an '11 F250 King Ranch and really liked it! Sound familiar?

So I posted this thread and really appreciating the feedback.

You know, not too many rigs stacked on top on each other will come near the size of your beast....lol. But the Raptor will get 2 mpg worse than your current setup? Heck, you're doing pretty well all things considered (except I know you have been laying out some bucks maintaining it). I also like the Supercab and really considered it (would be cheaper too) but it just wouldn't suit my needs for space and wouldn’t be happy in a Scab. And now that I have seen the Raptor Supercrew, I definitely prefer it over the Scab.

OP
OP
Desert Dawg

Desert Dawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I kinda figured you would actually use it (based on where you are). But I dont like to make assumptions. And, yeah, it's lots more maneuverable than an F-250.
What really makes it worth it is that this truck kills off road, but yet it's great just running around town.

Definitely! Kind of nice having a streetable truck that is also a major toy offroad.