Crunch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RevlimitrSVT

RevlimitrSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it was a fairly low speed impact fortunately, the guy cut the corner short and hit my son as he was approaching the intersection.

my son was unhurt but progressive is taking their good old time "investigating liability" for the car repairs. Its funny, Riverdale police did come to the accident scene when my son called because both cars were immobilized by the accident but charged my son $25 to file an accident report.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say, I would have insisted on the police report, but the cost of that report should come back to you as a result of the accident and his insurance should include it on the settlement. I am surprised that they charged for the report, but then again, with the current state of cutbacks, it is bound to get worse.

OP
OP
RevlimitrSVT

RevlimitrSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we are planning to recoup the cost of the report along with the cost of towing and the inconvenience of my son not having his car for work(he is a delivery driver) through the insurance settlement. At this point its just a matter of lighting a fire under the insurance adjusters ass to get him moving on this, my sons car has been sitting in front of the house all week.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had progressive for a short time when I had my vw gti. They refused to replace components with true vw components, would only pay for third party components except no one made replacement components that weren't original. Spent 45k repairing my gti, could of bought me a new one for 36k at the time. Never again do I deal with progrssive

OP
OP
RevlimitrSVT

RevlimitrSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got my truck back today! everything looks good so far but my steering is a bit off center, Going to call tomorrow to see if they can fit me in this week to have it fixed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

OP
OP
RevlimitrSVT

RevlimitrSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It tracks perfectly straight but the center line of the wheel is about an inch and a half off center when going down the road, not to bad but enough to be annoying.

Also it turns out the owner of the shop that did the work has a '12 race red scab.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, just have to mess with the toe to get it lined up straight, did you invite him to the forum?

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad to hear it all worked out, sounds like you have been having some bad luck lately. Nothing worth than dealing with insurance hassels due to uninsured motorists.