conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garethw

Reaction score
hi guys, im looking at buying a 2012 raptor, not a new one but second hand as im only 19 and wish to put money into other cars and toys haha. ive been looking at the raptors for awhile now, ive previously owned heavily modified f150s but many of my friends in LA and panama have them and ive finally decided to buy one.
my first question is, conversion, id be buying the car in los angeles, but i currently live in australia and we cannot drive left hand drives unless they are 30 years old, they do sell raptors in australia but for hugely inflated prices of over 140k, my father has shipped cars before and we know the costs which arent very high. but does anyone know of a company in LA which could or would convert it to right hand drive.
second question is, has anyone done this before by any chance, know of roughly how much it would cost.
also has anyone had any major problems with their raptors, alot of my friends ones are rather modified for racing so they arent much help their.
thanks
gareth

Ausraptor

Reaction score
Hey mate. Picking up my RHD converted black supercrew end of December.
It was interesting to see in the video that they transfer the drivers code lock door handle to the right side of the truck.
Also they switch around the gear stick and cup holders.
The conversion company I am buying through ( Brisbane) do not swap these items over.
I can't see the gear shifter being a problem but it would be nice to have the code lock on the drivers side.
Another problem is the nav won't work over here - Bugga

I am also wondering how the 6.2l will go with 98 octane fuel which is available in Aust? I have been told a few engines have blown up due to people using flash tuners in Australia. I was told by a performance shop it would cost 2k to install new computer with performance mapping. Bit steep!!

Good luck finding a conversion company in the states. I can't see there would be much demand.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know in Europe they use a different method to calculate pump octane and it's likely the same for you guys, so your best bet would be to do some research on the subject. Here in North America I believe it's RON + MON / 2.

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Yeah a quick Wikipedia search brings this

Octane rating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Give it a read, Australia pumps display RON while US and Canada use AKI which as I said is (RON + MON) / 2. You would likely need to know what your fuel's MON rating is then find the average to compare to N.A fuels octanes.

OP
OP
G

garethw

Reaction score
Hey mate. Picking up my RHD converted black supercrew end of December.
It was interesting to see in the video that they transfer the drivers code lock door handle to the right side of the truck.
Also they switch around the gear stick and cup holders.
The conversion company I am buying through ( Brisbane) do not swap these items over.
I can't see the gear shifter being a problem but it would be nice to have the code lock on the drivers side.
Another problem is the nav won't work over here - Bugga

I am also wondering how the 6.2l will go with 98 octane fuel which is available in Aust? I have been told a few engines have blown up due to people using flash tuners in Australia. I was told by a performance shop it would cost 2k to install new computer with performance mapping. Bit steep!!

Good luck finding a conversion company in the states. I can't see there would be much demand.
well i talked to 4steerconversions in san diego, they can do it, and like in their video those small details are always important, problem is though ive been told it needs to be done by a Registered australian workshop, im not sure if this is correct or not. i wouldnt install a new gps mapping thing, not worth it, i am now also wondering about the 98 octane, though you would think it should be able to handle it

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked into this, and it wasn't too bad to do the conversion. Shipping was going to be tough, as well as getting the truck into the country. Good luck. Where in Australia? I love it there, been to Sydney, Perth and Darwin.

OP
OP
G

garethw

Reaction score
my dad has delt with importing cars into australia before so he has the contacts (they were english cars) which may help, i live just north of brisbane in the sunshine coast, got a couple farms up northern qld which may turn into a raptor testing ground hahaha

Ausraptor

Reaction score
Hi Gareth.

There is a 2010 model for sale on carsales.com.au if your interested. Going for $115k I think