College drivers FFS (pic)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zoeth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was parked in the lot here at penn state (far away from everyone in the back) and this jetta decides to drive right into my passenger side tow hook. Nice hole right through her bumper and not even a scratch on my hook. Just blows my mind she literally drove right into me and then DIDN'T EVEN BACK UP AFTER.

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1382202124108.jpg
    ResizedImage_1382202124108.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^Sorry to hear that happened.

But word to the wise black-out your plate maybe if this goes to insurance, never know what those bastards will do. Insurance has screwed me and a lot of others here.

Oh and buy a Sparebumper or Superbumper from SUPERBUMPER Hitch Step - Stops Rear End Collision Damage.

My truck has one and while I am fortunate I have not had to use it, kind of wish the @#%!ard who hit me had impaled their radiator on my rear than screw the front of my truck. This Sparebumper would defeat small-speed rear collisions without damage to your frame or hitch mount.

Attachments

• Sparebumper.jpg
    Sparebumper.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 136
OP
OP
Zoeth

Zoeth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm that bumper is pretty cool. A nice big hitch might do the trick too. As for the plate and insurance I should be fine because I take pictures every time I park in that lot after seeing a zr1 corvette get hit. So i have the before picture of my truck (with date stamp) parked perfectly in the lines before that chick drove her jetta straight into me.
Thanks for the heads up tho!

MIAMIRAPTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, students on the UM campus here in Miami aren't any better. I can't believe how some of them park. Once even saw a car parked flat up against another, door to door. Ripped the mirror off and everything... then just left it there. I really couldn't believe it.

But I run trailers pretty often so my hitch is almost always on. No hits yet as far as I know lol. I'm sure that the big ass running boards have saved me once or twice before as well.

bakab1010

Reaction score
ha same thing happened at a lot the other day. wet shoes and the girl slipped off the clutch behind me and lurched just about foot gotta always leave the hitch! destroyed her car no damage to mine. funny part was i look over at my girl friend and ******* about my clunk....um no you just got hit ha

Mayhem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had some Asian guy back into my front tow hook while I was sitting in the truck parked with my engine off... At least 4 car lengths of empty space ahead of me. And he has to back all the way up to me..

I even honked when he got too close as I was watching the reflection off the shop windows to gauge the distance between. Moron continues back and hits me anyway.

Seriously half the block was empty ahead of me, And nobody parked the length of the block behind me.....I was one of two vehicles on the block pretty much.. And it's not as if the Raptor sneaks up on you. You can't miss it. (And he didn't.)

Anyway, I got out and flipped my lid, he about shit himself as he didn't know any English at all.

The impact was enough to nudge me backwards a couple inches, but was so slow that it didn't leave so much as a scratch.. Think he got caught on the front tow hook.. Put a hole in his bumper / a dent & and messed up his paint. Fortunately nothing at all that I could see wrong with the Raptor. Even took it in to have it inspected just in case... Nada

Badgerscab6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had some Asian guy back into my front tow hook while I was sitting in the truck parked with my engine off... At least 4 car lengths of empty space ahead of me. And he has to back all the way up to me..

I even honked when he got too close as I was watching the reflection off the shop windows to gauge the distance between. Moron continues back and hits me anyway.

Seriously half the block was empty ahead of me, And nobody parked the length of the block behind me.....I was one of two vehicles on the block pretty much.. And it's not as if the Raptor sneaks up on you. You can't miss it. (And he didn't.)

Anyway, I got out and flipped my lid, he about shit himself as he didn't know any English at all.

The impact was enough to nudge me backwards a couple inches, but was so slow that it didn't leave so much as a scratch.. Think he got caught on the front tow hook.. Put a hole in his bumper / a dent & and messed up his paint. Fortunately nothing at all that I could see wrong with the Raptor. Even took it in to have it inspected just in case... Nada

Hmm brings this to mind.....

Family Guy Asian Driver - YouTube