Clear Bra Pulled Paint.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antlers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was hoping my first post here would be a little more positive, but hopefully it helps someone out either way.

I recently purchased a 2010 Tux Black Supercab and have been cleaning it up over the last couple days. The previous owner had a Clear bra installed on the hood and font section of the fenders. The Material was old and beaten so i decided that I would remove it. Long story short, the removal process ended up peeling a big chunk of paint off of the fender. Not sure if the surface underneath was improperly prepped or what, but looks like i'm off to Ebay to find a fender. :supergay:

IMG_0652_zpsdzpsvj15.jpg

OP
OP
Antlers

Antlers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With used fenders in this color being so prevalent, it's actually faster and cheaper to just replace it.

cpetes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the time being, or for awhile I would just throw some electrical tape over it. No one will notice until you get the new one.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you use a heat gun or just pulled it off? That definitely sucks. When I have my hood wrapped in satin black I'm having that section done also so that is an option for you also. Probably the cheapest route too.

OP
OP
Antlers

Antlers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you use a heat gun or just pulled it off? That definitely sucks. When I have my hood wrapped in satin black I'm having that section done also so that is an option for you also. Probably the cheapest route too.

No heat gun, but it did sit in the sun all day. The rest came off without incident so i'm not too sure why it happened. Could go with a wrap, but I kind of just want a stock vehicle for once.

Time for fenders and 37s...

Hmmm...I do get 50% off Continental/Generals!

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No heat gun, but it did sit in the sun all day. The rest came off without incident so i'm not too sure why it happened. Could go with a wrap, but I kind of just want a stock vehicle for once.

Hmmm...I do get 50% off Continental/Generals!

Dayum share the love!