Any source for similar to stock topo print vinyl?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jenner1

Reaction score
Looking for any source for wrap material with a similar topo pattern to the stock hood decals. I have the entire truck done in xpel but on a recent vacation a sharp rock glanced off the hood right in the center around 8 inches up, it ended up cutting the xpel and gouging through the paint. Used touch up paint and 3m edge sealer to seal down the gouged edges but still bugs me for some reason.

Had the idea to find some clear 3m or similar product with a topo pattern and custom cut a decal to fill in the hood section in front of the cowl to cover up the gouge.

Does anyone know of a source for something similar? Open to other options as well if anyone has done another type of decal filling in the center of the hood. Was even thinking on a carbon wrap custom cut to fill in that portion in the center of the hood but not sure how that would look. Its either that or I remove the xpel, fix the paint chip and then go over it with xpel again but I would rather not since the hood portion is all edge wrapped and edge sealed underneath.

OP
OP
J

Jenner1

Reaction score
Thanks, I sent them an email to see if they can sell a larger sheet of their 3m topo print that they use in the hood decals.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what I did with mine with Rocky Mountain. They should be able to do it. Gen 2 though.

Attachments

• 92D0AEE5-5139-45B4-B46F-77DDF10A7A7C.jpeg
    92D0AEE5-5139-45B4-B46F-77DDF10A7A7C.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 53
  • B9D8BE7E-D266-4854-BDB0-723D9568398F.jpeg
    B9D8BE7E-D266-4854-BDB0-723D9568398F.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 53
Reaction score
Truck looks awesome….I’m interested in what you had done for your truck. Can you tell me how did you ask them to get this done? I’ve looked through their website and there is nothing for an option with a topographical design. Thank in advance.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waaaaaaay less than that. 500
Is super expensive
Awesome! I will be hitting them up today! Thank you.

How did you install them? Do you have to make your own wet spray to put them on? Dry install? Pro?

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They give you a formula for making a wet spray. Then use a squiggy to push out the bubbles and water once you have placement. I did mine at night and the alignment on one is a tiny bit closer to the middle than the other. That was me being impatient and not doing it during the day.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They give you a formula for making a wet spray. Then use a squiggy to push out the bubbles and water once you have placement. I did mine at night and the alignment on one is a tiny bit closer to the middle than the other. That was me being impatient and not doing it during the day.
Ah Thank you for letting me know. I cant tell at all on yours. But I know what you mean. Im impatient as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter