Clay Baring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I hear ya. I work from home in NE Indiana...looks like we are expecting some "significant" snow later this weekend. I'm so over it!

Washing after claying is good insurance, but really only necessary is you pulled up a LOT of contamination with the clay bar. 9 out of 10 cars I do, I go straight into polishing after claying and I don't do an extra wash. Usually just a thorough Rinseless Wash wipedown to pick up anything I may have missed when wiping the clay residue.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Arg! More snow!?!?! Fun to drive in the raptor but geez.... I would like to protect my paint sooner than later! I can't even freaking rinse her off right now cuz it will freeze before I can even dry it. She's not a street queen by any means, but I do want my brand new truck to last.

Thanks again!

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
One thing that hasn't been mentioned (may be in the videos, haven't watched those) is if you drop the clay, trash it. Clay is relatively cheap and if you drop it you will pick up all sort of sand or dust or rocks and then you'll be dragging that across your paint. It's safer to just use a brand new clay than trying to salvage one you dropped.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One thing that hasn't been mentioned (may be in the videos, haven't watched those) is if you drop the clay, trash it. Clay is relatively cheap and if you drop it you will pick up all sort of sand or dust or rocks and then you'll be dragging that across your paint. It's safer to just use a brand new clay than trying to salvage one you dropped.

Yup same thing I was going to suggest. You drop it, toss it.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

100% true. A piece of clay isn't worth all the time you'll have to spend fixing the damage you can cause by a speck of dirt getting caught in it.

BTW, because of all this clay talk, I put it in as the Daily Special. ;)

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f209/adams-daily-special-new-deal-each-weekday-22285/

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well it's a cold raining day here in middle Tennessee, and while I wait on the coming winter storm they have forecast for us tonight into tomorrow. I figured I'd try the clay bar on my 73 Bronco. The paint on it was rough than a cob. And I figured I couldn't do much damage to it. So I started on the hood, this picture is the clay bar after doing a 12x12 section. e9ezapu8.jpg

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well it's a cold raining day here in middle Tennessee, and while I wait on the coming winter storm they have forecast for us tonight into tomorrow. I figured I'd try the clay bar on my 73 Bronco. The paint on it was rough than a cob. And I figured I couldn't do much damage to it. So I started on the hood, this picture is the clay bar after doing a 12x12 section. e9ezapu8.jpg

Your paint is breathing a HUGE sigh of relief. :wink:

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Holy Shit! Did you wash it first?