GEN 2 Car Wash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FFCJ

Reaction score
So I am in the camp of liking to wash my truck by hand. It is cathartic for me. It is an hour or 2 (if the fleet gets involved) of my time but it is worth it when done. Sure I create the ice skating rink on the driveway every now and then but oh well. It is some time listening to music and drinking some water (that contains malt, barley, and hops). :)
Plus "the company line" is it lets me inspect my rides for issues or shopping cart kisses.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I’m in the not comfortable with taking it through a car wash as it has been stated that it probably won’t fit. In fact I’ve always washed it myself, but it does take time to do so. There have been a couple of occasions that Ford washed it, but I’m not sure sure how it was done. If you have a wash that fits it and it make you happy go for it, just don’t be surprised when something doesn’t go right. Also stay away from those charity washes! I had a black ‘92 Nite F150 and I thought why not let some young cheerleaders wash it, it was for a good cause and all. I got home and noticed that it looked like they washed it with Brillo pads!

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally I’m in the not comfortable with taking it through a car wash as it has been stated that it probably won’t fit. In fact I’ve always washed it myself, but it does take time to do so. There have been a couple of occasions that Ford washed it, but I’m not sure sure how it was done. If you have a wash that fits it and it make you happy go for it, just don’t be surprised when something doesn’t go right. Also stay away from those charity washes! I had a black ‘92 Nite F150 and I thought why not let some young cheerleaders wash it, it was for a good cause and all. I got home and noticed that it looked like they washed it with Brillo pads!

I've actually seen people at those charity washes drop sponges and rags into the dirt and stones in the parking lot and just pick them up and keep washing.