help - Mold \ Mildew smell after rain or car wash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

rxnate

Reaction score
If it’s that fast I’m still pretty sure it’s the doors. Even if they aren’t plugged now, they were at some point and when that stank gets wet, you smell it. And they leak quickly and often. I cleared the clogs so they don’t hold water but the smell comes back after a soak.

How could you go about cleaning the doors out? If at all?

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How could you go about cleaning the doors out? If at all?
I assume you’d have to take off the interior panels and get some kind of cleaner inside. Or take it to the desert and let it bake for a few weeks.

OP
OP
R

rxnate

Reaction score
Hello fello raptor heads, been a while since an update..

The issue has not gone away, but I believe I know for 98% certainty the smells are coming from somewhere with the big moonroof. I've had several shops now confirm no leaks, so it isn't that.
I just decided to do a vinegar\water 50\50 mix and I slowly poured in the mix into the rails with the roof open, and did that over and over again. Surprising how much my truck smelled like vinegar for the next couple of weeks just because I drained it from the roof!

Sadly, it hasn't eliminated the problem. It does seem to ahve helped I think? It doesn't seem as strong or happen as fast as it used to, but it's def still there and a problem.
I'm just not sure what could possibly be holding in that smell or getting mixed up at this point.

I didn't notice it all after washing my truck today, and then I opened the moon roof, and it's like it activated it and I could smell it whirling up. Then after putting my truck up for a bit, I came back and it was noticeable.

Anyway, thatst he latest!

KoltenMooney

Reaction score
Dealing with that moldy smell after rain or a wash is no fun at all.If you're still coming up empty-handed, it might be worth considering bringing in some outside help. I had a similar issue with mold in my car, and let me tell you, it was a real pain until I got in touch with a professional service.
I had a great experience with a mold remediation company on ssrestore.com. They really knew their stuff and were able to pinpoint the problem and get rid of that funky smell for good. It might be worth reaching out to them for some expert advice.