Can I disable the lift gate button on the remote?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorTurboS

Reaction score
I always park the Raptor backwards and very close the the wall and I'm worried I may hit the lift gate button on accident and cause it to get scuffed badly on the wall.
I don't really need this feature and prefer to open it manually at the lift gate control.

Just wondering if this is easily possible.

Thanks!

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wondering if you could remove the tailgate access cover and just unplug the solenoid? Not sure if this would also disable the locking feature or not though...

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wondering if you could remove the tailgate access cover and just unplug the solenoid? Not sure if this would also disable the locking feature or not though...

Even if it doesn't disable locking, how would you open it at that point?

OP
OP
RaptorTurboS

RaptorTurboS

Reaction score
I finally decided to take the plunge and tweak the truck with the Forscan app.

I’ve been doing some reading and I know the remote tailgate control is in BDM, but I can’t figure out which it is.
Does anyone know which is the control to turn off the remote control of the tailgate?

Thanks!

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if it doesn't disable locking, how would you open it at that point?

LOL, good point, must have caffeine before posting first thing in the morning ;)

To the OP, I was checking out the key fob (as I too park in a tight space) and (JMO) but it would be pretty difficult to accidentally depress the tailgate button (twice) and open it. It's not a raised button and takes a definite "click" to engage, chances of accidentally opening the tailgate would appear to be very slim...good luck!

Badbowtie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple small dabs of Gorilla Glue might be the easiest fix here...... LOL

Reaction score
2017 F350 Platinum towing a 5th wheel rv. A couple of weeks ago, We got into the truck to start out in the morning. As I pulled out at an angle, my wife dropped her set of keys into a pocket in her shoulder bag next to her feet. It immediately caused the tailgate to open & fall against the front wall of the 5th wheel, causing well over $1K in damage to the 5th wheel. It created only a minor scratch to the top right corner of the tailgate. The tailgate fell open several times previously when not towing, prior to taking it in for the tailgate recall issue.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sure you could easily open the remote and put a piece of tape behind the button in about 15 minutes.