Camber / Caster Kit, Specialty Products Company p/n 86250

Specialty Products Company p/n 86250: Yes or No? Muti-Choice!

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock LCA bolts go through slotted holes in the frame, so the only thing holding your alignment is the torque of the bolts. It also makes it very difficult to adjust alignment since you have to loosen the bolts, push the LCA and then tighten without anything moving. The caster/camber kit basically fills in the slot and uses a eccentric bolt so that when you turn the bolt it adjust the alignment. Then hold the bolt with a wrench and tighten the nut. Makes it much easier to adjust and fine tune your alignment and also makes it nearly impossible to knock it out. With the stock bolts, a hard lateral hit or hitting something with the wheel turned could push the LCA inboard since the bolt is in a slot. Hope that helped. Bottom line, get that kit. you and your alignment shop will be very grateful.

Mr H

Reaction score
The stock LCA bolts go through slotted holes in the frame, so the only thing holding your alignment is the torque of the bolts. It also makes it very difficult to adjust alignment since you have to loosen the bolts, push the LCA and then tighten without anything moving. The caster/camber kit basically fills in the slot and uses a eccentric bolt so that when you turn the bolt it adjust the alignment. Then hold the bolt with a wrench and tighten the nut. Makes it much easier to adjust and fine tune your alignment and also makes it nearly impossible to knock it out. With the stock bolts, a hard lateral hit or hitting something with the wheel turned could push the LCA inboard since the bolt is in a slot. Hope that helped. Bottom line, get that kit. you and your alignment shop will be very grateful.

thanks for that info and i had just got done reading a sticky that had some info, makes a complete picture now

my shop had the camber kit and installed it. just need to mark it and loctite it now i guess.

my buddy is a hack and will never get one, until he has too. lol