Camber / Caster Kit, Specialty Products Company p/n 86250

Specialty Products Company p/n 86250: Yes or No? Muti-Choice!

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am at mid perch and after Havoc in the hills, I need an alignment. I've known about this camber/caster kit for some time, but only recently have I decided to buy it. Several people at the event had this kit on their Raptors and you could clearly see where some had marked the bolts/washers with a marker or paint pen to tell if their alignment was off.

I have read that at top perch, this kit is a must have. Even without any suspension modifications, I can see how this kit would make the techs job easier. By just turning the bolt slightly he can fine tune the alignment. No pry bar or big hammer needed. It sounds like $69 well sent.

The problem is that at least three people had their bolts loosen or even fall off, at Havoc. This scares the crap out of me and would like to know what your thoughts are regarding these kits.
IMAG1401_zps031291e6.jpg

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You cannot get proper torque on the but with this kit. It forces you to torque the bolt instead of the nut. That's why everyone's moved around at havoc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OP
OP
TheJoker

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The instructions say to torque the cam bolt to 240-260 lb-ft. and "make sure the suspension is loaded before tightening". It may be a good idea to unload and load the suspension several times after the alignment, then re-torque the cam bolts.

I understand that you normally torque the nut. Maybe, this kit would be better, if the offset washer were on the bolt and not the nut?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what is reason do you think that you cannot get the proper torque by torquing the bolt? Manufacturers torque the bolt side in many places and have no problems. The key is to use locktite ... The design of the kit having the oval attached to the nut is why its so hard to get it tight... Its not easy to get tight and keep in alignment. Takes patience and most people doing the alignment wont take the time...

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheJoker

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So what is reason do you think that you cannot get the proper torque by torquing the bolt? Manufacturers torque the bolt side in many places and have no problems. The key is to use locktite ... The design of the kit having the oval attached to the nut is why its so hard to get it tight... Its not easy to get tight and keep in alignment. Takes patience and most people doing the alignment wont take the time...

The bolt is running through the bushings and shims which are loaded. In otherwords the weight of the vehicle is forced down on the bolt, where the nut turns freely on the bolt. Also, the bolts runs from the inside of the LCA towards the outer edges, getting an impact wrench in there is not easy. Although, I am not a mechanic so, everything I said could be wrong.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Everyone I know that has this kit did what hockster suggested... Loctite! Even if it's the temporary kind they all used it and haven't had any problems.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Costs the same either way so what's the benefit? I check it if it seems to be pulling. Keep your tires at the proper psi should only need to do an liniment if you feel pulling.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I have been through some trail rides and TRR with my kit with no issues (I torque striped it for quick verification). Hockster is dead on.