Buying a Canadian truck...concerns?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those are not 2010 Gauges, not Canadian anyway! Mine has big red lettered SVT on the tach without the word raptor. The raptor "word" is located just under the info screen in the middle. I have no idea what a '13 looks like.

Rockdoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search the VIN. People tend to mod these things. My 14 SE looks just like the "Merican" version except the speedo "rings" reversed and, as mentioned, the data outputs can adjusted to calculate imperial or metric. I set my outside temps in Imperial but the HVAC to Metric. I relate to MPG as it has been my metering method for most of my life. Litres per hundred still seems odd to me. Oh yeah, and as I mentioned before, the Canadian trucks gear indicator in the dash displays 2nd eh / 3rd eh / 4th eh ....... Lol.
P.S. Does anyone know if the MPG calculation is in Imperial MPG or U.S. MPG.? I usually see, on my long drives, 15-16 MPG. If in U.S. MPG one would have to add 20% +/- for a U.S. MPG resulting in a displayed 15 MPG + 20% = 18 U.S. MPG?.
Funny, used to see U.S. grey market trucks every where here now Canadian trucks goin the other way. You folks are getting smokin deals with our ****** exchange rate these days. And although mine is "oilfield" used, it is babied, {compared to most on this forum}, so don't let that scare you too much.
My 2 bits.

Rockdoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, living in the heart of Oil Country in Alberta, I ask every guy that parks his Raptor in front of my store where he off roads? Answer: Oh, I don't take my Raptor Off Road! Really?? drives me nuts... and 90% of these guys work in the oil patch.

Also, any truck used in the oil patch is not typically a personal vehicle ( except for one crazy guy I know :) ...ntm..) they are company vehicles, and companies do not buy Raptors for their employees to beat on....jmho :)

Good Luck!

Hey GSI Motorsport: Currently up and off the Alaska highway today but bookin south in about a week back to High River. I have to cruise into Edmonton on way home so ..... where you at?. Would love to drop by on way home, say hello, and see what you folk have / do. Want to talk about 5 star tuning and sounds like you guys know your stuff.
Thanks The ole fossil fool.

OP
OP
hh65flyer

hh65flyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for weighing in RockDoc. The truck is mine and nestled away in the garage now. Best I can tell, the gauge faces are aftermarket. Everything functions properly and I think they look great. There's no doubt truck is a 2013.

The only other 'mod' I think that has been done is the key/door chime appears to be disabled. Again, fine by me!!

Safe travels!!

RaptorBri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey GSI Motorsport: Currently up and off the Alaska highway today but bookin south in about a week back to High River. I have to cruise into Edmonton on way home so ..... where you at?. Would love to drop by on way home, say hello, and see what you folk have / do. Want to talk about 5 star tuning and sounds like you guys know your stuff.
Thanks The ole fossil fool.

Hey Rockdoc, our address is 5305 - 99 street in Edmonton. South side.....yes, stop in on your way thru...

Brian

Rockdoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Brian: Sorry I missed you on way home last trip. I am again "up the Alaska" but as I write am in the horizontal phase of my project. 2.5 kilometers to drill and south bound again. 2 liters of windshield washer fluid on way up this trip so Raptor, tonight, is one fugly, muddy, *****. Going to book at Holiday Inn on way home in Whitecourt and will swing by Edmonton on next day. Probably rollin thru the Big "E" on Saturday? +/-. Warranty just about gone so I might just do that 5 star tune now. Do you supply?. We will chat. The Ole fossil fornicator.