Buying a Canadian truck...concerns?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
hh65flyer

hh65flyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so new member intro tonight?

Yep!! Let's hope so... :waytogo:

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

I know I've seen a couple Raptors I guess brought in from Auction that were bought originally in Canada. Main thing I noticed was that the dealer(s) replaced the speedometer from KM to a base F150 looking one. No SVT logo, and the faces were white on the speedo and tach. The gauges in the middle remained unchanged

This has me a bit worried. The speedo is white faced, very plain. The Tach has the SVT/Raptor logo but nothing on the speedometer. I can't find any pictures on the web that show logos on the speedo though...?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep!! Let's hope so... :waytogo:

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

This has me a bit worried. The speedo is white faced, very plain. The Tach has the SVT/Raptor logo but nothing on the speedometer. I can't find any pictures on the web that show logos on the speedo though...?
What year is this raptor? I'll look at my guages when I get home, but I think my '10 has white faced guages, the newer ones are different for sure.

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I've seen a couple Raptors I guess brought in from Auction that were bought originally in Canada. Main thing I noticed was that the dealer(s) replaced the speedometer from KM to a base F150 looking one. No SVT logo, and the faces were white on the speedo and tach. The gauges in the middle remained unchanged

^ On a related note, I've noticed that many used car lots have been selling used Canadian Jeep Wrangler TJs here in MI (the resale value on Jeeps is good those guys are quick to flip 'em here across the border). The importers swap in the white faced clusters and away they go...LOL

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Corona - 10's had the white face... not sure which year they changed to the black background.

OP
OP
hh65flyer

hh65flyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a picture on my phone... The tach has a white background with a red needle. The redline starts at 5900. The word 'Raptor' is written in silver with a small red 'SVT' under it. The numerals are in the same silver hue. The center gauges are the same theme.

The speedometer is white background with silver numerals. 60 mph is straight up with yellow tick marks every 10 mph. The letters 'MPH' are centered and in silver. There is a small inner scale with black numbers (KM), the needle is red.

Truck has black interior with blue accents.

Aftermarket?

Last edited: