GEN 1 Broken Bed - Ugh!

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Ya there are a few tears in my bed under the tailgate. Think its time to cut the frame and bed off now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

To be fair, one Icon is not equal to one Fox...
:hidesbehindsofa:

Not sure how this has turned into yet another shock debate, guess we can thank @MajorAR for that. :flipthebird:

@bstoner59, were you not the one that started the WHATAREICONS debate when riding with @BIRDMAN and impressed with how the ICON's were performing at TRR by the chick in back?

Other guy that had Fox shocks that was with me, his lower shock mount broke. Thought that only happened with ICON's too? Guess not. But then again, I have the LGE/CTS shock re-enforcements installed on mine. :)

1c86cbebd7bc0e25d29b9efe877de822.jpg

But I get it, this shock debate will never end because it so funny to you all.

Last edited by a moderator:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Not sure how this has turned into yet another shock debate, guess we can thank @MajorAR for that. :flipthebird:

@bstoner59, were you not the one that started the WHATAREICONS debate when riding with @BIRDMAN and impressed with how the ICON's were performing at TRR by the chick in back?

Other guy that had Fox shocks that was with me, his lower shock mount broke. Thought that only happened with ICON's too? Guess not. But then again, I have the LGE/CTS shock re-enforcements installed on mine. :)

1c86cbebd7bc0e25d29b9efe877de822.jpg

But I get it, this shock debate will never end because it so funny to you all.

You gotta stop taking it so seriously!!! When things like Jeremey McGrath explaining "what Icons are" show up on IG it makes everything we've done relevant and worthwhile...you never want to give people like me that kind of ammo!!! This is never going to end now. Just accept it, it will be OK [emoji8]

FWIW I was very impressed with how the Icons worked, but I was more impressed that Birdman got his tires dirty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

I've seen this happen before and it's an easy fix. Take a plasma and cut through the frame right behind the cab. Remove all unneeded parts. Build a back half, links and misc parts. Problem solved and now you can lay into that skinny pedal all you want down south.

Yeah, let's see if I am not quite ready to cut into the bed but I am ready to cut the rear off and link it?

I might just do that if I lived near where you do and had a bunch of money but unfortunately I live in the Midwest and we don't have the awesome terrain out west otherwise I would seriously consider that. And at that point the Raptor would become a toy and no longer a daily driver for work.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

You gotta stop taking it so seriously!!! When things like Jeremey McGrath explaining "what Icons are" show up on IG it makes everything we've done relevant and worthwhile...you never want to give people like me that kind of ammo!!! This is never going to end now. Just accept it, it will be OK

FWIW I was very impressed with how the Icons worked, but I was more impressed that Birdman got his tires dirty.

It just gets old, that's all. And yeah, I realize it will never end but I never brought the shock shit storm into it, I was merely wanting to know if the bed has broken with anyone else and if it was a PITA to fix. We are going to take it off and weld it up and go from there. Will bring it to TRR and see how it performs.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, if you don't own a truck anymore, your input is irrelevant? That doesn't seem right.

Anyway.....

To put some levelness into this thread, you broke a bed support. Big deal. Weld it up. Make sure to do a thread on it though. The Gen1 section is getting thread-bare lately.

Then, years from now when it happens to someone else who is curious if it's ever happened before, you can link them to the thread and be a hero......

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, if you don't own a truck anymore, your input is irrelevant? That doesn't seem right.

Anyway.....

To put some levelness into this thread, you broke a bed support. Big deal. Weld it up. Make sure to do a thread on it though. The Gen1 section is getting thread-bare lately.

Then, years from now when it happens to someone else who is curious if it's ever happened before, you can link them to the thread and be a hero......

Just incase you're still on the ignore list....

You're welcome :wizsmile:
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Well haven't gotten the bed off but got everything that was in the bed out today since we had good weather. Worse than I thought, looks like about 75% of the front of the bed has separated. Oh my...

f1ea9f28d167f24a39f9ff04ffda8429.jpg

f9dac842e093fff8159b13a022aaf48b.jpg

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Not to get off topic...maybe a new bed might be the easier way to go?

Yep, was wondering if there is any Ruby Red ones out there for sale too but also wondering how much that would cost. Last one I saw for sale was around $3k.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter