Brakes Failed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This engine has a special vacuum system for brakes. I am guessing it did not build enough pressure for you to stop. Others have reported this here. It is an idiosyncrasy for those who have this engine.

So, if you drill a hole in the vacuum canister....

Right?
Right?
Right?

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a serious note, you can't start it, and simultaneously put it in gear without giving it a couple of seconds. It has been mentioned elsewhere that there is a momentary lapse of reason on the trucks part. Not consistently, but it has happened to me when I was trying to get it to **** up. I can see the flames coming... and the lawsuits.

OP
OP
W

wrek

Reaction score
I feel like this thread has taken a life of its own.

Talked to the dealership and they said they have seen this in an Escape but not on an F150.

right now the brakes work fine so I am able to drive it for now.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This engine has a special vacuum system for brakes. I am guessing it did not build enough pressure for you to stop. Others have reported this here. It is an idiosyncrasy for those who have this engine.

You are this forum's idiot-syncrazy

1518ytq5vd.jpg

Last edited:

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Talked to the dealership and they said they have seen this in an Escape but not on an F150.

no worries til it does it at the way wrong time, next time

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

So one time, i brought my Ducati into the dealer for a recall, only to find out there was another, 2nd recall for a potential fuel leak. The service manager says “I cannot let you ride home, there is a risk that the bike will leak fuel onto the header, causing the bike to spontaneously erupt in flames, potentially resulting insidious injury or death”.

I can’t believe I even said this but i did

“I haven’t smelled, seen or observed any fuel leaking, couldn’t i just ride it home and have it towed back” <- before I even finished the sentence, I was like “WTF did I just say, and why did I even think this much less say it out loud?”

S/M says to me “Smurfslayer, did you miss the part about spontaneous fire, injury and death?”

Brake failures are not something to take lightly. Don’t drive it, get it towed.
Remember, it’s not just you out there, if the brakes fail and you mow someone down, you own that injury or death...

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People who take pleasure in getting abused are a sick kind of messed up. Sasquatch and Jake are two shining examples of these people.