Black; wash and wax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
toyo MT's are great, I got just over 50k out of my last set. BUT they will sing to you, and everyone will know your coming up behind them. I liken them to the worlds loudest zipper if your outside the car, or a jumbo jet landing if your in the car next to a truck with MT's. All-in-All they are a great tire, the noise in the cab is not bad at all, IMO, but I have been rolling around on Toyo MT's for nearly 100k now so I am probably used to it. They handle everything pretty great, even ice. However on a raptor I like the look of the Grabber's best! I'd be interested in their mileage rating/life span. From what i can tell they are superb tires!

FX, thanks for insights on Toyos. I guess it is Grabbers, if I can ever find 4. By the way, will a 5th grabber fit under the bed? Seems tight for a true 35.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
FX - I'm going to have to disagree with you on the Toyos. I've been running mine for 30,000 miles and the only reason they ever got loud was because I drove around with busted front struts for 6 months (thanks Nissan...) and they got cupped pretty bad on the front and only got loud when I put them on the rear. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again. But personally don't think you can go wrong with either the Toyos or the Grabbers...

istarin13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the gray. Those who paint the fender black make the truck look totally different which adds to the Raptor allure. I hope to get mine off road more so paint seems irrelevant!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming my gut instinct Crash. Blacked out looks great but I think I am going to stick with a touch of gray; just my preference. Now I just need to get rid of these little tires. Can anyone even buy 17" grabbers right now??

i just did the fender flares black and right now have the bumpers grey. i think if you want a touch of grey it's the way to go. now for me, i am going to do my bumpers as well because that's my taste. my grille will stay grey and so will the skid plate.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i haven't posted any good pics with it cleaned up yet but this is all i got. i originally did the SVT vents Tux black as well but decided i hated it and went matte black to match my gas door :rolleyes:

flares1.jpg

flares2.jpg

IRONMAN

Reaction score
i haven't posted any good pics with it cleaned up yet but this is all i got. i originally did the SVT vents Tux black as well but decided i hated it and went matte black to match my gas door :rolleyes:

View attachment 2853

View attachment 2854

SEE! You and I do have the same tastes. I also didn't really care to much for the SVT vents shinny but matte Black should look killer.

bruceboyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Terra Grapplers

I just put on some 325 Terra Grapplers and am happy with them. They are a little noiser than stock, but not by much. I am also leaving my flares grey. I like the contrast and agree with Crash's comments.

Attachments

• P1030287.jpg
    P1030287.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 105
OP
OP
B

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Birdman, looks good. Any reason why you are leaving the grill gray? Understand the skid plate as I assume it would get scratched up quickly.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Birdman, looks good. Any reason why you are leaving the grill gray? Understand the skid plate as I assume it would get scratched up quickly.

just for contrast purposes. and based on how much i hated the svt vents shiny i doubt that would look good either.