Best Way/Place to Sell Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

csr18

Reaction score
Hey guys! So I took delivery of my Antimatter Blue Raptor on October 19th 2021. Shortly after I had it delivered to me, my salesperson asked if I wanted to get a 2022 37 package (I didn’t want the blue interior on the 2021s) and I said yes and order was placed. I have my VIN number and a scheduled production date of 2/21/22. So we’re getting closer, hopefully. I’m okay with delays and not too worried about that, but I will need to sell my current raptor to prepare for the new one.
Has anyone previously sold a gen 3 or gotten quotes from like Carvana, Carmax, etc? Just wondering what the best route to go might be. Thanks!

Attachments

• 27573F86-E520-4C83-A560-A32700AF7F5D.jpeg
    27573F86-E520-4C83-A560-A32700AF7F5D.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 192
  • DC98A953-9CB7-4154-A0D5-F34EF245C974.jpeg
    DC98A953-9CB7-4154-A0D5-F34EF245C974.jpeg
    355.4 KB · Views: 187

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve sold a Raptor to Vroom, they are mostly all the same just pick the best price.

Most important thing is determine if your state allows a tax benefit on dealer trades. That could equate to $5k in savings trading in - just have your dealer match or come close to the vroom or Carvana offers you got

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience with party sales is that people usually try to get a deal and it becomes a hassle. Trades at dealers have been a lot better lately and you might get a slight tax break depending on what state you live in.

brijen

Reaction score
Cant speak specifically to a Gen 3 but I just sold a vehicle through carmax. I got offers from just about every place you can think of and several dealerships. Vroom was the highest and beat carmax by $900 but the reviews for that are absolutely horrible so I opted to go with carmax. Couldnt have been easier and they beat out the rest of the places by at least $1200. I'd just go through the motions and get offers. You can always pass.

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience with party sales is that people usually try to get a deal and it becomes a hassle. Trades at dealers have been a lot better lately and you might get a slight tax break depending on what state you live in.
I’ve sold every car I’ve ever owned private party and made out every time over trade in benefits. I sold my X7 a few months ago and made $13k over the highest dealer offer. It’s definitely worth it if you can weed out the tire kickers.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve sold every car I’ve ever owned private party and made out every time over trade in benefits. I sold my X7 a few months ago and made $13k over the highest dealer offer. It’s definitely worth it if you can weed out the tire kickers.
Man teach me your ways. Felt like a full time job listing my last car, and literally the only legit person offered like $6k less than the dealer and they still no-showed.

RaptorND

Reaction score
Carmax has always worked for me over dealers. But haven’t sold anything during the recent inflated price times

CINISI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all depends on what you’re selling. For the Raptor market right now I’d say Autotrader is your best option. Posting an ad is relatively cheap and you can usually identify the people who want to waste your time with their first inquiry. I’ve of course had low ballers but their easy to ignore in emails. I also don’t respond to ..”what’s your best price”.
The guy who bought my X7 asked intelligent questions and bought it for my list price. He knew he couldn’t get it anywhere else with the options it included.
It pays to take care of your stuff.
If you’re selling a high mileage beater I’d say Craigslist or see if one of the others mentioned above work. (Carmax, Vroom …etc)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter