Best tires for offroad use

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DarthKratos

Reaction score
I see a lot of posts about best on road tires or tires for a daily, I'm curious if those recommendations change for a truck that's mostly offroad. My Gen 1 Raptor isn't a daily and probably won't see a ton of road time outside of taking it offroading, so I'm curious if others think the KO2 would still be the best choice or if there's a better route to go.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
I would go with a M/T tire. I have run Cooper STT Pro (great tire, smooth on road as well) and currently have Armstrong Mud Dog tires on (also super smooth on road, but made for mudding and off-road). M/T tires will have deeper tread and a more aggressive shoulder to grip from the sides as well, and are designed to grip better than regular road tires as well as eject small rocks/gravel.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took KO2's to Baja and they did well. I then took KM3's to Baja and it was a night and day difference (at least to me.) For a truck that would be solely for offroad, I'd go with a M/T tire.