Best all around octane tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you realize that MPT gives you THREE tunes? Get the 91, 93 and tow tune then you can switch whenever you want. It literally takes 6 minutes to flash to another tune. You either don't understand how easy it is or you are making a big deal out of nothing.

Sorry that we are not all as knowledgeable as you on tuning our Gen 2 trucks. I kind of thought that was the point of using this forum.

I have three 5-star Tunes for my Gen 1 and it takes about 20 minutes to swap tunes, so they have improved the upload times in the last 8 years. I am not in the habit of carrying my tuner around with me when I go on trips, but it sounds like I might have to for this truck.

Thanks for your expert help.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Sorry that we are not all as knowledgeable as you on tuning our Gen 2 trucks. I kind of thought that was the point of using this forum.

I have three 5-star Tunes for my Gen 1 and it takes about 20 minutes to swap tunes, so they have improved the upload times in the last 8 years. I am not in the habit of carrying my tuner around with me when I go on trips, but it sounds like I might have to for this truck.

Thanks for your expert help.

I used a mobarmor magnetic mount and just leave the ngauge in the truck.

You can change the gauge display to whatever you want, so it comes in handy for me.

You actually end up having a total of 4 tunes with you at all times. ( Stock file, plus whatever 3 tunes you choose.)

The 6 minutes thing isn't that bad. Filling the gas tank from empty takes about the same amount of time.

I'm going to take to keeping 2 cans of octane booster in my truck going forward. That way I can just dump a can in when i fill up if all i can find is 91.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc