Bearing Spinning Type Noise HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check your Ujoints.

I’m going to take it to a friends shop, drop the driveshaft and grease the slip yoke. Engine runs smooth, transmission shifts fine, pulls hard and doesn’t feel like its slipping. Shifts into 4H and out without a single noise or issue. Gentleman who I purchased from put only a couple hundred miles on it the past few years while it sat in a climate controlled garage. He’s a genuine guy and swears theres nothing wrong with the truck, I believe him. But this squealing sound is driving me nuts. Only happens during hard acceleration in gear 3 or 4 and goes away quickly.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A vehicle sitting and not being used is really dang hard on it, climate controlled or not.

Before you get too frustrated with it, try to further diagnose where the noise is coming from. This could be rolling all the windows down and trying to initiate the noise, maybe with someone else in the cab to get a second set of ears. A good aid is this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000IHIAES/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Also do the standard diagnostics: front and rear wheel bearings, carrier bearing, pinion bearing. When you have the driveshaft out of it you can run it up to the conditions in which it happens and see if the noise is still there. It may freak the computer out but that will reset. If you still get the noise with the driveshaft out that eliminates a lot of sources. Also check your rear spring bushings.