Beadlock delay - any info on timing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

socal805

Reaction score
Ordered two on 12/12. one with beadlocks and one without. Both allocated. Interested to see how these two orders get picked up.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I'm still baffled as to how they all the sudden run out of wheels, and have no idea when they will have them again? There are just too Manny issues with this product roll out... I wonder who at Ford is getting fired over this roll out?

I don’t --know-- this is the issue, it’s just an observation based on prior life experience. Ford doesn’t “make” the part, they source it from a vendor and possibly re-brand it. Once the contract is signed they should get some test samples to review and QA. assuming they pass, fulfillment should begin, but if Ford is any kind of smart, they will pull random samples to ensure quality. This is more important on high performance vehicles. Let’s say, again complete hypothetical here, that someone at Ford noticed say... pits in the wheel material; not the finish, the actual wheel. Next they pull all available and find only one more, report it to the line super. They may very well stop provisioning vehicles with the wheels. What do they do then, stop making the trucks? Or maybe someone found a cosmetic issue or maybe the wheel maker found an issue as they were supplying them. There are any number of possible scenarios and it would be my inclination to think that it’s better to get them later if there is some potential ‘problem’. I don’t think anyone can substantiate if there actually is a problem, I was just attempting to illustrate some of the ways this kind of scenario could play out.

By way of explaining, I am a recovering Ducati owner. Best sounding, best handling motorcycle I’ve had, or ridden without question. It was also a troublesome, problem child from soon after purchase to the day I sold it. I had 4 or 5 recalls,
fuel fitting (risk of sudden fire, dealer actually took my keys)
front Ohlins fork
some other suspension component
Fuel tank

Those were just the recalls.
As a Ducati owner, these are the “cost of entry”. Ducati takes the whole month of July off, good luck getting parts over the summer.

Lots of possible reasons, and it probably isn’t worth spending a lot of brain cycles on.

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By way of explaining, I am a recovering Ducati owner. Best sounding, best handling motorcycle I’ve had, or ridden without question. It was also a troublesome, problem child from soon after purchase to the day I sold it. I had 4 or 5 recalls,
fuel fitting (risk of sudden fire, dealer actually took my keys)
front Ohlins fork
some other suspension component
Fuel tank

Those were just the recalls.
As a Ducati owner, these are the “cost of entry”. Ducati takes the whole month of July off, good luck getting parts over the summer.

Lots of possible reasons, and it probably isn’t worth spending a lot of brain cycles on.

Ughhh I keep going back and forth on a Panigale R... I know they can be "temperamental" so this isn't helping lol

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Ughhh I keep going back and forth on a Panigale R... I know they can be “temperamental" so this isn't helping lol

ZX10r + ecu flash, CF wheels ... you will forget all about that sexy red bike really quick. The guys I bought from sold both and had the Pani so I asked if it was any better and he reluctantly admitted it fuels like cr@p. I had the 1198s

your happiest day as a Pani owner: 1) when you buy it. 2) when you sell it.
keep lots of cash on you- enough to get you home from wherever you go. budget 1.75 x as much for mods as a comparable liter bike. They have smaller tanks and suck down more fuel than liter bikes.

Did you get the ramps w/ the Raptor, should be easy to get this class of bike into the bed with ramps, but tailgate probably has to stay down.
( at least I tried to put something close to on topic here )

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ZX10r + ecu flash, CF wheels ... you will forget all about that sexy red bike really quick. The guys I bought from sold both and had the Pani so I asked if it was any better and he reluctantly admitted it fuels like cr@p. I had the 1198s

your happiest day as a Pani owner: 1) when you buy it. 2) when you sell it.
keep lots of cash on you- enough to get you home from wherever you go. budget 1.75 x as much for mods as a comparable liter bike. They have smaller tanks and suck down more fuel than liter bikes.

Did you get the ramps w/ the Raptor, should be easy to get this class of bike into the bed with ramps, but tailgate probably has to stay down.
( at least I tried to put something close to on topic here )

HAHA, No, I didn't get the ramps lol. I guess I should have now that I think of it. lol

raptor 17

Reaction score
ordered 9/17 finally got build date od 1/20 had to drop beadlock and cf to get built ,dealer said beadlock wouldn't be available or not a option for a while ,delivery date 2/9. anybody know of a similar rim or anybody upgrading from beads wanna sell ?

consolidated

Reaction score
OEM Beadlocks on Ebay for $1,380

No waiting. I've ordered from this seller before, they confirmed that they are new OEM 2017 Beadlocks and shipped today. $1379 seems more than fair as I see used Gen 1 beadlocks going for the same or more. For a couple hundred more than if ordered with the truck you get two sets of OEM wheels, I'll sell or paint the silver wheels. If ebay posts are not allowed I'll be right back to delete. NO affliation with this company.

17" FORD F150 SVT RAPTOR BLACK WHEELS RIMS FACTORY ORIGINAL OEM NEW SET 4 2017 | eBay

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 4.58.05 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 4.58.05 PM.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 116
OP
OP
H

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No waiting. I've ordered from this seller before, they confirmed that they are new OEM 2017 Beadlocks and shipped today. $1379 seems more than fair as I see used Gen 1 beadlocks going for the same or more. For a couple hundred more than if ordered with the truck you get two sets of OEM wheels, I'll sell or paint the silver wheels. If ebay posts are not allowed I'll be right back to delete. NO affliation with this company.

17" FORD F150 SVT RAPTOR BLACK WHEELS RIMS FACTORY ORIGINAL OEM NEW SET 4 2017 | eBay

Keep in mind, that cost plus shipping of $160 or so is for 4 wheels. If you want the full size spare to match... additional $345 plus shipping.

frank20

Reaction score
well that doesn't make much sense. So Ford can't seem to build peoples orders because they have a hold on the beadlock wheels yet they are for sale as a full set on ebay??? If i was that company I'd be calling Ford and selling them back lol