Avalanche Grey or Ingot Silver or ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07SGT5687

Reaction score
well dang... me likey
:win:

Ya, those shots probably are HDR'd like crazy... Which makes any color look amazing! But I'm sure it will look great. Hands down better than Ingot. This thread makes we think several things...

1) Ingot, Avalanche and Metallic are too many Grey tone colors. Not to mention white and black. Wish there were a couple more bold colors... Like a copper, maybe a grabber blue, or terrain!

2) still waiting to see Ruby Red on a 2017... Every day no pics exist of it...makes me wonder if it'll actaully be Ruby vs. Race.... ???

3) those tailgate appliqués are ugly as hell. Every pic I've seen of trucks without... look way better.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya, those shots probably are HDR'd like crazy... Which makes any color look amazing! But I'm sure it will look great. Hands down better than Ingot. This thread makes we think several things...

1) Ingot, Avalanche and Metallic are too many Grey tone colors. Not to mention white and black. Wish there were a couple more bold colors... Like a copper, maybe a grabber blue, or terrain!

2) still waiting to see Ruby Red on a 2017... Every day no pics exist of it...makes me wonder if it'll actaully be Ruby vs. Race.... ???

3) those tailgate appliqués are ugly as hell. Every pic I've seen of trucks without... look way better.

Chinese model in Ruby Red.

rubyred.png

OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Agree on the grey colors. For me, there's a lot of contrast for the lighter colors and some people really like and some prefer the other way. My favorites are Shadow Black, Avalanche, and Lightening Blue.

Lots feel the same way about the graphics but some feel they are part of the uniqueness of the truck. Not so sure about the hood graphics package though. Is it common to get one or the other? I prefer the the side-bed graphics over the hood graphics. There's a reason there's options... we all have different tastes :)

I didn't like the appliqués at first but on the darker colors, I think they look good and add to the Raptor's uniqueness. My opinion is the Gen2 looks awesome but it doesn't stand as aggressive or tall as the Gen1's do when compared to their same year F150's. This pic from Chris's FX4, the Gen1 seems to tower over the Gen2 and they don't look to be parked too far from each other. Could be the angle but I remember reading the Gen2's are narrower by an inch or two?

12924412_1231409113553235_2145658281346608715_n.jpg

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't like the appliqués at first but on the darker colors, I think they look good and add to the Raptor's uniqueness. My opinion is the Gen2 looks awesome but it doesn't stand as aggressive or tall as the Gen1's do when compared to their same year F150's. This pic from Chris's FX4, the Gen1 seems to tower over the Gen2 and they don't look to be parked too far from each other. Could be the angle but I remember reading the Gen2's are narrower by an inch or two?

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f251/detroit-auto-show-new-raptor-unveiling-thread-40071/index55.html#post818096

This is interesting. I was just trying to figure out the width of the 2017 Raptor and this is what I found:

- Last Gen F-150 is 79.2 inches wide >> My Source
- 2014 Raptor is 86.3 inches wide >> My Source

So as you can tell above, 86.3 - 79.2 = 7.1 inches (We were always told that the Raptor was 7 inches wider than the F-150)

- 2015 F-150 is 79.9 inches >> My source
- Ford has said that the 2017 Raptor will be 6 inches wider than the 2015 F-150 so 79.9 + 6 = 85.9 inches.

So the 2017 Raptor seems to be not as wide as the current Raptor. To be exact .4 inches narrower (86.3 - 85.9).

Please note the widths above do NOT include the side mirrors.

I think another reason why the gen 2 seems smaller is that Ford lowered the window line and the top of the bed by 1 inch on the 2015 F150's. So, there is less bedside and door compared to window height.