2021 Roush/Alcon Brake Kit Install Experience on 2020 gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Method 105 with zero offset and the small Alcon spacer. These are 37s so your 35s should be a little more tucked in. Besides, your running boards will protect you as long as they are on the correct side.

20230623_095908.jpg

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just talked to ICON, no clue what a alcon brake kit is for F150, they haven't heard any reports of fender interference with the +6 off set.

I swear, wheel companies just make shit, and if it has the right bolt pattern they think it works.

It didn't sound like to me they even ever bolted one up to an F150 let alone a Raptor.

Might have to buy one and test fit, then I own a unreturnable paper weight. I need to learn to leave shit alone.
Buy one wheel from somewhere you can return it to. That is what I did when I test fit my Methods for the Alcons.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Buy one wheel from somewhere you can return it to. That is what I did when I test fit my Methods for the Alcons.
That is a no go on my end. Not sure if you notice by I run a automotive repair facility. We do about 5 sets of tires a week , but wheels we do a set every few months.

Anyway the distributors I have accounts with for the most part do NOT take returns. My main distributor only had 2 icons in stock so today I filled out the paper work to open accounts with 2 more that carry ICON product.

I ain't afraid of buying one, can make a coffee table if needed I guess.

My frustration comes from, 1 lack of answers from manufacturer, and 2 lack of inventory so if I decide on a wheel there may be a delay.

As far as $$$ like I stated it is about a wash vs bead lock rings and obtaining another spare wheel.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Method 105 with zero offset and the small Alcon spacer. These are 37s so your 35s should be a little more tucked in. Besides, your running boards will protect you as long as they are on the correct side.

View attachment 435665
Can you even imagine what it would look like without running boards. Hahaha20231206_175340.jpg

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 435665
I believe the alcon spacer is 7mm, that would make 0 offset -7 offset which is 42 mm different from factory. For us Americans that is 1.77 inches pushed out. Literally making the track width 3 inches wider over all.

That sure seems like a ton to clear calipers that clear factory wheels. Tells me method has a barrel smaller than the 16 inch on my F350.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zeusmotorworks

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it was the Method 703s that come in a 17.8.5 6x135 25/5.78" that I was looking at PRIOR to the Alcons.

Not sure what I even should be looking at now with these brakes, but as stated before, I dig the look of the OE 19-20 bead lock ready (less their weight) wheels. If I were being true to myself (more function over form) I'd probably end up with the lighter bead grip Methods if I can find something that will fit. Sadly, if I am going to end up with a less desirable form, wish I could at least pick a different color... there are so many "voices" I sometimes forget which ones I usually listen to :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter