2021 Roush/Alcon Brake Kit Install Experience on 2020 gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only wheels I would be interested in are some of Methods +25 bead grips. I refuse to do some zero offset or other some shit that could possibly fu<k up my fenders and liners under full compression. However, I have no more confirmation those will work than I did with the Gen 2 OE beadlock ready.
Which methods? When I go to their web site all the ones listed for F150 are 0 offset, I didn't see where Raptor was a choice

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just talked to ICON, no clue what a alcon brake kit is for F150, they haven't heard any reports of fender interference with the +6 off set.

I swear, wheel companies just make shit, and if it has the right bolt pattern they think it works.

It didn't sound like to me they even ever bolted one up to an F150 let alone a Raptor.

Might have to buy one and test fit, then I own a unreturnable paper weight. I need to learn to leave shit alone.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I swear, wheel companies just make shit, and if it has the right bolt pattern they think it works.

It didn't sound like to me they even ever bolted one up to an F150 let alone a Raptor.
In the past you could get away with shoddy parts, but today if a company tries to sell you expensive junk for expensive vehicles in a niche market, it won't end well.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the past you could get away with shoddy parts, but today if a company tries to sell you expensive junk for expensive vehicles in a niche market, it won't end well.
Yes, I was just a little disappointed when I called and was told if I had CAD/Engineering prints of the brake kit they could give them to their engineering department and see if they would fit. Well hell that isn't going to be quick. I did state that the brakes cleared OEM wheels so you would kind of think they would have notes or something saying same/more/less clearance than OEM.

When I asked about fender clearance, I was told "I haven't heard of any issues with that". You would hope they would put one on a vehicle that their catalog says it fits and cycle the suspension.

not that they wont fit, just 0 confidence after calling Icon.

OP
OP
Zeusmotorworks

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just talked to ICON, no clue what a alcon brake kit is for F150, they haven't heard any reports of fender interference with the +6 off set.

True... but I'm the grumpy old guy that believes EVERYTHING was better when people took pride in their reputation over a ONE TIME SALE.

Ludicrous I know...