Auto stop eliminator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So bringing this back from the dead because Auto Stop now has a deal that plugs into the diagnostic port and stays there. My fear with something this is:
- Forgot it was installed and take the truck in for service and have them void the warranty
- It actually leaves a trail on the computer and have that void the warranty.

Thoughts?

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/.../products/2015-ford-f-150-autostop-eliminator

If you’re going to spend money on a non-forscan answer to this, I’d recommend the one CJ Pony sells. it’s a buck, but it’s plug and play, and just defaults the stop/start to off, you can still turn it on. It sits behind the dash, so out of sight, out of mind.

I’m at a loss for how they would void the warranty- any part of it, for doing what you would do every time you got in the truck if you had a choice.

I like having the option of turning it on if I want to use it.
I’ll say this, it’s quick, but cuts out at just the wrong time, like say, crossing a divided highway and you can only make one side of the highway. or you need to make a right turn on to a highway, 90 degree turn, you have to stop.

things that plug into the diagnostic port can interfere with communication from what i’ve read on the internet - so it has to be true, right? ;-)