ATV Ramps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Can Am Outlander Max XT 800 that I want to put in the bed of my Ford Raptor. What should I take into consideration for selecting ramps?

The longer the ramp, the less incline up to the bed of the truck, but I suspect it may be more difficult to haul the ramp in the back of the truck too.

What ramp do you recommend?

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would look into a set of folding aluminum ramps, you can get longer ones to reduce the incline and fold them in half to make it easy to haul them

ESRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would look into a set of folding aluminum ramps, you can get longer ones to reduce the incline and fold them in half to make it easy to haul them

Agreed. I don't know the brand I had but they were fold up into a single ramp with an adjustable center section for width. They also had straps that you could tie off to the truck for safety, kept the ramps from sliding off the tailgate.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a Can Am Outlander Max XT 800 that I want to put in the bed of my Ford Raptor. What should I take into consideration for selecting ramps?

The longer the ramp, the less incline up to the bed of the truck, but I suspect it may be more difficult to haul the ramp in the back of the truck too.

What ramp do you recommend?

To get the tail gate shut you have to let the air out of the tires then it closes.. Buy ramps that hook to the tailgate so you don't have them pop out from under you..
try these

Amazon.com: Highland 1120500 69" Aluminum Straight Loading Ramp: Automotive

good value

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
before i got normal metal ramps from wallmart i used wood blocks and planks. it worked alright. Youll have absolutely no problem getting the quad in there. I got a 2013 can am xmr 1000 with tracks and still get it on there.
hell its so easy for the first time with ramps if you never done it. i let a 8 year old kid drive my quad up into my bed.

Banned
Reaction score
When I bought my quad the guy had a trifold ramp. Was awesome.

One big wide ramp. So there's no worry of going off the side a bit, since its all one ramp.

Personally, I just back my truck into a ditch and drive the quad on. Or, just lift it since I ride a sport quad.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i use my trailer. i load the quad in the trailer and close it. then i back my truck up to the back of the trailer. open the tailgate, and then drop the back of the trailer onto the tailgate and drive the quad right into the bed of the truck. i however am towing 4 quads. 3 in the trailer, and one in the bed. dont know if you are pulling a trailer as well

OP
OP
RedTailHawk

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have my Polaris Ranger 900 XP in the trailer...

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

before i got normal metal ramps from wallmart i used wood blocks and planks. it worked alright. Youll have absolutely no problem getting the quad in there. I got a 2013 can am xmr 1000 with tracks and still get it on there.
hell its so easy for the first time with ramps if you never done it. i let a 8 year old kid drive my quad up into my bed.

I just hope I don't end up like this guy...
Quad Bike Loading Fail - YouTube