At what point will it be better to wait for the 21's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2021 F150 production is supposed to start 9/28/20 but if shit doesn't start happening that could be subject to change.
Is there going to be a 2021 Raptor? View attachment 141857
Look what happened to the Vette. A strike put them months behind. None of the plants are running now. I would assume everything will be delayed.

armoredveh

Reaction score
FWIW, I wouldn't necessarily wait for the a Gen 3 if you like what you see now. First, you'd be a beta tester and inasmuch as quality control on 21st century cars is extremely good, you can't completely eliminate all the bugs; i.e., the cam phaser issue, which seems to have finally been resolved 3 years into the Gen 2 production line.

For another, I suspect that Ford might be changing the dash to an all-digital display since this will save money and it's what a lot of manufacturer's are doing these days (read: customer demand). I happen to like the analog tach and speedo and think it looks more "rugged."

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford never announces before hand what will be on the next Raptor. And when it is announced, it is via the build/order guide. For example, this is the 2020 build/order guide >> https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2020/f150/2020-F-150-OrderGuide.pdf

This is just my opinion but I think the 2020 will be the last year of the GEN2 trucks and again just my opinion, the GEN3 will be a 2022 model hitting dealerships on Nov/Dec of 2021.

Agree mostly, but suspect one additional year; MY will be 2023, available mid to late 2022.

so, Crazy, stop worrying about what will come, if you wait any longer, you'll be a 4-year member without a Raptor.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some, it is a ***** enlarging prosthesis. It can have major side effects though, when newer models are introduced, or other manufactures create vehicles deemed better, then it causes irreparable harm to ones ego, resulting in loss of enjoyment and sometimes outright shame to continue operating.

Ha! I thought only Corvettes caused this!

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The next f150 will have a digital dash >> https://www.autoblog.com/2020/02/21/2021-ford-f150-interior-spied/

FWIW, I wouldn't necessarily wait for the a Gen 3 if you like what you see now. First, you'd be a beta tester and inasmuch as quality control on 21st century cars is extremely good, you can't completely eliminate all the bugs; i.e., the cam phaser issue, which seems to have finally been resolved 3 years into the Gen 2 production line.

For another, I suspect that Ford might be changing the dash to an all-digital display since this will save money and it's what a lot of manufacturer's are doing these days (read: customer demand). I happen to like the analog tach and speedo and think it looks more "rugged."

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree mostly, but suspect one additional year; MY will be 2023, available mid to late 2022.

so, Crazy, stop worrying about what will come, if you wait any longer, you'll be a 4-year member without a Raptor.

If I get to the one year mark you can shoot me.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I think when you are talking 3-4 years out, for a vehicle that doesn't yet exist, it makes more sense to buy what you like now with an eye to upgrade then. Particulary when we are talking about a Raptor that's going to hold it's value better than most. At worst, you lose a little bit in depreciation. At best, you find out you actually like the Gen 2 better than Gen 3 and you already own the vehicle you want long term.

D

Deleted member 17706

As others have mentioned, I doubt that Ford is doing a 2021 Raptor. The new generation F-150 is suppose to start production this year, so Ford isn't going to release a new generation F-150 plus the new Bronco, while also releasing some updated version of the Raptor. With COVID-19, this is the perfect time to pick up a 20. Once Ford announces that the Raptor is not returning for 2021, there will be a market demand for the Raptor and discount pricing will be harder to get as dealers know they are not getting any more Raptors. Moreover, Ford waited a year after the new 2009 generation F150 was released to release the 2010 Raptor, and they waited two years after the new 2015 F150 was released to release the 2017 Raptor. I would expect something similar with the Gen 3 Raptor.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And don’t forget the 15” center stack display! If your willing to wait years for a truck 911 Crazy, you can put the Gen3 Raptor and even a Tesla truck on your list. Heck they still have to build the factory for this one.

I’d say the most asked question on this site is about a future truck and what engine it will have in it. Coyote?, Godzilla?, EB? 4.0?, 3.5? Or hybrid electric assist! Damn almost to many to throw around at this point lol