At what point will it be better to wait for the 21's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As others have mentioned, I doubt that Ford is doing a 2021 Raptor. The new generation F-150 is suppose to start production this year, so Ford isn't going to release a new generation F-150 plus the new Bronco, while also releasing some updated version of the Raptor. With COVID-19, this is the perfect time to pick up a 20. Once Ford announces that the Raptor is not returning for 2021, there will be a market demand for the Raptor and discount pricing will be harder to get as dealers know they are not getting any more Raptors. Moreover, Ford waited a year after the new 2009 generation F150 was released to release the 2010 Raptor, and they waited two years after the new 2015 F150 was released to release the 2017 Raptor. I would expect something similar with the Gen 3 Raptor.

Bro exactly! Manufacturers don’t normally blow it out at one shot. And they start with the volume best seller as in F-150 and then in time release the speciality trucks to keep the sales rolling. Not to mention delays in production now.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As an older owner myself, I buy what I like and let others worry and wring hands over what’s to come. If it gets here and I like it more, I buy it and move on. Life is short —enjoy yourself!

In the end so true. Can’t beat yourself up over decisions on what’s to come in a year or two. I liked the Gen 2 as it sits now. I was a couple of months before ‘20s May start rolling out, but knew it was the same exact truck so easy decision.

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chasing the newest, best price etc is never ending. There probably is never a perfect time and everyone's wants and needs are different so who knows.

Just a few thoughts if you wait for a 21 most likely will pay more depending on price increase & upgrades. If you buy a 19 or 20 then there's depreciation to factor in. Buy used some of the warranty is gone unless you pay to extend it. The list goes on......

I would purchase we you feel good about it not what anyone else thinks you should.

Good luck in your search!