Are the Raptor Cabs and Frames the same as a regular F150?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some say yes, some say no.

For my part I've searched FordParts.com and AllData too, and haven't found any indication there are separate part numbers to distinguish a Raptor's cab from a regular F150. In terms of the frame I can't say either way since there seems to be lots of Raptor specific parts that they call "frame" that bolt to something they also call the "frame" that when put together equals the "frame". Hoping an expert can shed some light on all that.

What say you? What proof do you have one way or another?

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
As for the frame, did Ford produce an F-150 in any other trim level with the super cab and 5.5' bed configuration besides the Raptor?

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I'm pretty sure the frame was widened in the rear to fit the 35" spare...

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All I can say is the question was asked directly and Hameedi responded by saying the production frame was very strong as it was. They made very minor adjustments to facilitate the Fox shocks but they were/are all structurally the same.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And I'm pretty sure the frame was widened in the rear to fit the 35" spare...
Funny you mention that. I was watching that show Ultimate Factories again last night where they go inside the F150 plant, and I was looking for where major parts may split off from the main line or rejoin etc. The one shot that stood out to me was when they installed the 35" Raptor spare into the frame. I know its not proof, but man it sure looked like it went into any frame that was coming down the main line. Nothing about it looked Raptor specific, except the parts getting bolted on.

That's no proof of anything, but I thought it interesting given your comment.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Check this out. Here's the link to ordering a 2010 replacement frame

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/P...2&search=true&year=2010&make=Ford&model=F-150

Specifically, read the description: "Super Cab Less Version Packages (-) SVT ; 4WD, 133"/3378MM Wheelbase, Less Version Packages, FX4 Plus Package"

Can anyone translate? Cause to me that says the Raptor and FX4 frames are the same, at least...

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As for the frame, did Ford produce an F-150 in any other trim level with the super cab and 5.5' bed configuration besides the Raptor?

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

Pirate Air mentioned something similar in the other thread. It's a very valid point - at the time it was Raptor specific by default.

I think Hameedi's point was that, structurally, it's the same - nothing special like reinforcement or whatnot.

Now we have SCREW/shortbed Raptors as well as every other non Raptor, those frames are probably the same as well. We know whatever slight change they made to accommodate the Fox shocks had to be very minor since lots of non-Raptor folks have bolted on Raptor take-off suspension.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of it has to be taken with a grain of salt. I remember him (Hameedi) also saying the short block in the R was stock but yet the cams won't work with stock pistons. I remember him also saying in an interview theres nothing wrong with the stock Raptor frame but now we see metal added to 13s. I don't expect the guy to give or know every detail when put on the spot. There's going to be gray areas about information given for one reason or another. That's the automotive world in general. You have to take what you know and put it togethor. Sometimes its just common sense like the fact that an scab short bed configuration only bolts to a scab short bed frame.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny you mention that. I was watching that show Ultimate Factories again last night where they go inside the F150 plant, and I was looking for where major parts may split off from the main line or rejoin etc. The one shot that stood out to me was when they installed the 35" Raptor spare into the frame. I know its not proof, but man it sure looked like it went into any frame that was coming down the main line. Nothing about it looked Raptor specific, except the parts getting bolted on.

That's no proof of anything, but I thought it interesting given your comment.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Check this out. Here's the link to ordering a 2010 replacement frame

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/P...2&search=true&year=2010&make=Ford&model=F-150

Specifically, read the description: "Super Cab Less Version Packages (-) SVT ; 4WD, 133"/3378MM Wheelbase, Less Version Packages, FX4 Plus Package"

Can anyone translate? Cause to me that says the Raptor and FX4 frames are the same, at least...

Haha I only brought up the 35" spare cause I remember it being talked about in early literature about the Raptor. It looks like it going in any frame coming down the line but that frame was mounted/bucked (orders "bucked" ring a bell?) on the assembly line holder, as a raptor frame. The logistics are set, it start out as a raptor and it ends as a raptor. No mixing parts or you have one screwed up truck.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hah yepyep, no doubt about that. No way to tell where that frame the 35 was going into came from.

Question regarding that though: if there was special Raptor specific reinforcements going into the cab and frame, can they make those reinforcements on the same line, and on the fly as everything else is getting built? Or would they need to pull them off and do extra/different things, aka would they need a different line?