Are the Raptor Cabs and Frames the same as a regular F150?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The cab on the Raptor is Raptor specific. It has additional reinforcement bracing in it for a roll over. Hell, even the doors from a normal F150 do not match up to the Raptor's electronics so those are Raptor specific as well.
Help me out a bit SPR... throw one part number at me for the Raptor specific cab, or door (as it related to structure; I'm sure there are trim or lighting differences).

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want to saw that i've seen a normal F-150 without it's front fenders and if does not look like the Raptors. and I'm talking about the two reinforcement rails coming out of the cab on the Raptor.

I could be wrong, but I am almost positive I've seen an F-150 without those two supports or it wasn't two, it was just one. Not sure.
I'm betting that's related to suspension. There are several parts listed as Raptor specific when it comes to that entire front clip.

Maybe I'm missing the mark here but I was thinking we were interested in differences as they relate to structural reinforcement; specifically frame differences that help keep the frame in one piece, and cab differences that help better protect the occupants in a roll over.

Its those different part numbers, if you will, that I think we're all confused about.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Help me out a bit SPR... throw one part number at me for the Raptor specific cab, or door (as it related to structure; I'm sure there are trim or lighting differences).

I don't have the part numbers. When Outlaw called up Ford to try and get a new cab for my rolled truck, Ford replied with something like "We do not have any and one would have to pull one from production." At which point it was pretty much said they would not do. Connor found out when he rolled RSV1 that the electronics did not match up from the regular F150 to the Raptor and they spent hours reworking the electronics to make it work. For my truck, he ordered Raptor doors because it ended up being cheaper.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
why it so hard to believe that a high speed off road truck that is more prone to roll over have a reinforced cab over it's regular f150 counter part.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because (1) nobody, and I mean no one from Ford brass all the way down to the SVT engineers have ever even hinted that was the case and (2) given the additional costs associated with such improvements from materials to tooling to process to testing, one might expect Ford to advertise the crap out of the increased strength, especially when comparisons started between the Raptor and the Ram Runner. I would think the Ford personnel on hand during the PickUpTruck testing specifically, might have mentioned reinforcements as a potential reason the Raptor might be a better choice over a Ram Runner.

No doubt stranger things have happened, but at this point if these reinforcements are real, they're the best kept secret in the Raptor world.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because (1) nobody, and I mean no one from Ford brass all the way down to the SVT engineers have ever even hinted that was the case and (2) given the additional costs associated with such improvements from materials to tooling to process to testing, one might expect Ford to advertise the crap out of the increased strength, especially when comparisons started between the Raptor and the Ram Runner. I would think the Ford personnel on hand during the PickUpTruck testing specifically, might have mentioned reinforcements as a potential reason the Raptor might be a better choice over a Ram Runner.

No doubt stranger things have happened, but at this point if these reinforcements are real, they're the best kept secret in the Raptor world.

true all good points but when was the last time you seen a truck builder talk about roll over specs as a sales pitch. the Raptor has so many other + over the ram runner to focus on they don't need to play the safety card. plus safety has never been a big thing when it comes to making a sales pitch for a performance vehicle every body wants to hear hp and tq #, 0-60 and other spec and the last thing you want to talk about when selling a high end vehicle is crashing it. you ever hear about the roll over/crash spec for a ferrari or lamb.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good points as well. Although, it was right around the time that the Raptor debuted when Mike Rowe was doing all of those propaganda spots for Ford, comparing to Chevy Dodge and Toyota, and one of the highlights was how rigid and strong everything about the F150 is. There was little doubt at how proud Ford was with how strong their frames and cabs were/are. Makes sense to think that they'd be even prouder of those things if they beefed them up in their ultra performance version?

Don't get me wrong; I won't be selling my Raptor depending on what we learn, or not, here ;) Just idle curiosity, really.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I remember talk about the Raptor cab being reinforced back in 08-09 when they cam out but have never seen any proof. I will take what SPRSNK says as proof.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would tend to agree with Big J as the point that Ford would be all over a band wagon that would include advertising the safest most well made truck in America Ford Raptor. Lacking anyone pointing too and saying hey when we tried to repair a Raptor Ford says you can not do it the same as a regular F150 you have to do this. Knowing production and assembly cost cutting measures would be employed to reduce the cost to build a truck that was built to a different tolerance, a separate assembly, jig to assemble it and so on. Outlaw Raptor cut a Raptor up maybe they could get a F150 FX4 to cut up. On my FX4 once the interior panels were removed it looks the same as the Raptor behind the plastics. This was comparing a 2010 FX4 to a 2012 Raptor. I had the same interior layout as now but many electrical connection points moved or were different. I would think the structure itself seems to be the same with Raptor specific changes to sheet metal and suspension etc... just my opinion having had both..

Attachments

• 79truck 032.jpg
    79truck 032.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 46
  • truck 019.jpg
    truck 019.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 43

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Advertising a reinforced cab structure on the Raptor could open up a big can of worms for Ford with their regular F150 customers.
And we still have to account for the 430lbs difference.
Forming components with different gage, and or strength, steel could account for some of it.