Anyone with the Borla S-type Exhaust + Borla Resonator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Nick,

I live up here in the D/FW area. I currently have the SPD adaptors, Kooks catted downpipes, and Borla ATAK exhaust. Have you heard of any backfiring or spitfire after refueling?

Would probably need your help with a resonator. My HOA hates how loud my truck sounds.

LOL- My HOA asked if my car (used to own a GTR with straight pipes) was a "flame thrower". It cracked me up but Ive since sold that. It was loud though.

Like many hear (pun intended) I'm looking for the right amount of noise but not enough to **** off the hood. Im really surprised Borla system drones. For all their R&D, one would think they would have used a helmholtz resonator, to defeat this.

I do like Corsa. I had one on my wifes BMW 135i, ironically to replace another aftermarket exhaust previously installed, due to drone. I guess when I hear their videos- the sound just doesnt get it like the Borla but that could be my crappy computer speakers and some clever sound editing done by the manufacturers

Ill keep listening to the videos and see which one works for most here

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s not really a drone.

It’s a buzzy exhaust note that is audible on the highway but it isn’t resonant.

I have the same problem with my FOMOCO BORLA TOURING

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Nick,

I live up here in the D/FW area. I currently have the SPD adaptors, Kooks catted downpipes, and Borla ATAK exhaust. Have you heard of any backfiring or spitfire after refueling?

Would probably need your help with a resonator. My HOA hates how loud my truck sounds.

I actually have heard of that happening with Borla owners on some of the Raptor Facebook groups.

That being said, it sounds like the Borla resonator is exactly what you need to tone it down. Especially with the downpipes and ATAK exhaust, that has to be a very loud setup!

DevilDoc8542

Reaction score
I actually have heard of that happening with Borla owners on some of the Raptor Facebook groups.

That being said, it sounds like the Borla resonator is exactly what you need to tone it down. Especially with the downpipes and ATAK exhaust, that has to be a very loud setup!

Yes. When I start the Gray Monster up in the morning, the truck rattled the house windows. How far are y’all from the Woodlands?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes. When I start the Gray Monster up in the morning, the truck rattled the house windows. How far are y’all from the Woodlands?

About an hour or so. But we don’t have any in stock here at the moment. We can get the resonator shipped over to you at no cost though. There are still a couple in stock at the warehouse.

ArcticRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get a pretty good backfire after I fill up and on cold mornings when slowing down at my first intersection. On cold mornings it sounds like a gun shot. My wife asked the other day if I left something in the back of the truck since it sounded like something metal hit against the bed. I'm going to see if the new Whipple set up makes a difference, and if not, then I will probably pick up the resonator as well.

Willy

Reaction score
Anyone install the Borla S-type Exhaust sans the x-pipe, and opted for the matching Borla Resonator instead? Thoughts on the setup?

I can't find any reviews, or any videos... I'd really love some feedback before pulling the trigger.

For those wondering, the parts would be:

2017-2018 Raptor Borla S-type Exhaust (Borla Part # 60637)
2017-2018 Raptor Borla Resonator (Borla Part # 60650)
I have S Exhaust with the x-pipe and thought it was too loud. Shook the house in the morning! I have since added the resonator and now very happy with it. A bit louder than stock with a better rumble. No drone either...

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I just installed Cobb downpipes. I currently just have the factory exhaust on the truck, albeit chopped with turndowns just past the muffler.

When I first finished the install and started the truck, and then revved it, it sounded a lot like the new GTs, but with anti-lag. ( lots of pops and crackles).

I just ordered the Borla resonators which I plan to feed into the biggest MagnaFlow muffler that I could find, with some turndowns. I'm hopeful that the combo deepens the tone and smooths it out a bit.