Anyone with the Borla S-type Exhaust + Borla Resonator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasDave

Reaction score
FYI. The S-Type is pretty loud itself! Been pulled over twice now when I was putting my foot in it. (Of coarse I do it a lot.)

It’s very raspy and pretty loud but that’s what Borla does. Very happy with the system!!! Love the sound but to much for me. Think I will go S-Type with Resonator on my 2018.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
FYI. The S-Type is pretty loud itself! Been pulled over twice now when I was putting my foot in it. (Of coarse I do it a lot.)

It’s very raspy and pretty loud but that’s what Borla does. Very happy with the system!!! Love the sound but to much for me. Think I will go S-Type with Resonator on my 2018.

If you decide to go that route, let me know if we can help get you setup!

QATARSUB

Reaction score
Well i have my 2017 raptor installed spd downpipes Borla atak exhaust with tail pipes truck is freaky loud and I just ordered borla resonator to swap with Xpipes going to install on Monday and we’ll tell you the results by then. Truck sounds great now but I don’t want to be pulled over.

Ruri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed my Borla resonator this past weekend. I’ve had the type S exhaust on for about 4-5 months. No other mods. I love the type S by its self, but the drone around 2,000 rpms / 70 - 80 mph was killing me. With the resonator on, the type S is much quiter throughout the whole rpm range. I’d say 60%-70% quiter than the type S with x-pipe. With the windows up, I think all I hear is the fake sound pumped through the speakers. Especially below 3,000 rpms. I have to put the truck into sport mode and really gas it to hear a little something out of this exhaust setup. This quietness on the low end I don’t like. What I do like is that the drone at 2,000 rpm or 70-80 mph is gone. I took cold start videos before and after the

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I initially thought I wanted the S-type but seems like people are getting drone around the 2k rpm on the highway. I certainly want a little more sound but definitely no drone.

How does the ATAK w/ borla resonators sound compare to Corsa sport (muffler upgrade kit only) and has anyone experienced any drone with Corsa sport?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I initially thought I wanted the S-type but seems like people are getting drone around the 2k rpm on the highway. I certainly want a little more sound but definitely no drone.

How does the ATAK w/ borla resonators sound compare to Corsa sport (muffler upgrade kit only) and has anyone experienced any drone with Corsa sport?

The Corsa Sport is built to be a no-drone setup. With the factory resonator and the Sport muffler, you should be good to go. The only time you risk having drone with the X-Pipe Res Delete.

The Corsa systems have been our most popular kits so please let me know if you have any questions or if we can offer a quote.

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Corsa Sport is built to be a no-drone setup. With the factory resonator and the Sport muffler, you should be good to go. The only time you risk having drone with the X-Pipe Res Delete.

The Corsa systems have been our most popular kits so please let me know if you have any questions or if we can offer a quote.

thank you Nick! will keep you in mind.
hopefully i can find someone in the area w/ a corsa system to hear.

DevilDoc8542

Reaction score
Hey Nick,

I live up here in the D/FW area. I currently have the SPD adaptors, Kooks catted downpipes, and Borla ATAK exhaust. Have you heard of any backfiring or spitfire after refueling?

Would probably need your help with a resonator. My HOA hates how loud my truck sounds.