Anyone with 37pp install just eibach 1” front springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure that’s true though since the stock springs are preloaded more too, and since the rates aren’t THAT different, I bet the 1” springs would still give you around 1”, but the ride height would still be about 1/2” higher up front than a 35 with the same springs
I understand what you are saying, however, there is a linear effect when compressing say a softer OEM coil that is progressive. The soft part of the OEM spring would compress first, making for a little less lift than say the Eibach which is firmer and linear. So if you compress the firmer linear coil of the Eibach, it should provide more lift than compressing a softer progressive OEM coil, maybe not a lot and the amount is hard to determine quantitatively, but there would likely be some variance I presume.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying, however, there is a linear effect when compressing say a softer OEM coil that is progressive. The soft part of the OEM spring would compress first, making for a little less lift than say the Eibach which is firmer and linear. So if you compress the firmer linear coil of the Eibach, it should provide more lift than compressing a softer progressive OEM coil, maybe not a lot and the amount is hard to determine quantitatively, but there would likely be some variance I presume.
I agree, I just think it would be within 1/8” of each other because I think at ride height the effective rate of both springs is pretty close, within 50 pounds.

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean ride height or preload? The springs add zero preload.
The springs are taller than the OEM springs, so in essence, there is more preload on them. Hence the lift they provide.

The amount of added spring tension (preload) would likely by very similar between the SDI spacer and eibach, just the SDI adds a bit of lift between the strut and strut tower, which provides lift without adding preload. I would presume the Eibachs and SDI setup ride similarly, but the SDI provides as lot more lift.

Last edited:

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of a gen 3 specifically a 37 with the SDI top hat installed? Curious to the lift amount. I could probably look it up ,but then what would you guys talk about.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, not my stock bypasses, the King Triple Bypasses click like crazy. I had them on my Gen 2. The Fronts were untouchable with performance and I loved them, but the rears, though they performed phenomenally, they were a nuisance driving on the street as it sounded like you had nickels in your bed every time you hit small bumps, very annoying as a daily driver having loud bypass valves.

I really do not wish to lift the rear as it is sitting perfectly for my needs and I don't want to start chasing. I may also just get a set of Fox Live Valve Front coilovers and leave my rear shocks alone. This way I do not need to disable my live valve and I can set where I want them. I just do not like the Fox Coilovers as they are impossible to adjust while mounted on the truck, so when you install them, it is a shot in the dark if they are going to be at the ride height you desire. Having to remove them to adjust and pray is a nuisance, and highly expensive when having a shop do the work.
Just cost me $800 for adjustment and alignment.

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just do not like the Fox Coilovers as they are impossible to adjust while mounted on the truck, so when you install them, it is a shot in the dark if they are going to be at the ride height you desire. Having to remove them to adjust and pray is a nuisance, and highly expensive when having a shop do the work.

There is a ratio of how many turns on a 360 that it lifts and lowers as well as how much preload you set on the coil to the affected ride height.

Also Foxes are adjustable with their spanner wrench. When the threads are new, lift the entire front off so it fully droops then turn clockwise or counter. I used my old Icon collar wrench to use a hole that is available combined with the fox spanner wrench. its easily doable unless you have zero muscular strength.

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a ratio of how many turns on a 360 that it lifts and lowers as well as how much preload you set on the coil to the affected ride height.

Also Foxes are adjustable with their spanner wrench. When the threads are new, lift the entire front off so it fully droops then turn clockwise or counter. I used my old Icon collar wrench to use a hole that is available combined with the fox spanner wrench. its easily doable unless you have zero muscular strength.
They aren’t adjustable when mounted as the reservoir lines and shock tower are in the way of rotating the collar with a wrench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter