Anyone with 37pp install just eibach 1” front springs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For a dual purpose truck that you use off road but still drive on the street, I think the pros of the live valve outweigh the cons. I feel the same about magneride. You can always setup a high end adjustable shock better than either for a given track, terrain, etc, but having some electronic adaptive control really goes a long way when you’re trying to get the best of both worlds.

If you haven’t looked into it the Sdi E-Clik is pretty great for really taking the live valve system to its full potential. The Fox coilovers are good but I think they’ll eventually come out with a better solution for the Gen 3, and not being able to adjust preload on the truck is tedious for sure.

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a dual purpose truck that you use off road but still drive on the street, I think the pros of the live valve outweigh the cons. I feel the same about magneride. You can always setup a high end adjustable shock better than either for a given track, terrain, etc, but having some electronic adaptive control really goes a long way when you’re trying to get the best of both worlds.

If you haven’t looked into it the Sdi E-Clik is pretty great for really taking the live valve system to its full potential. The Fox coilovers are good but I think they’ll eventually come out with a better solution for the Gen 3, and not being able to adjust preload on the truck is tedious for sure.
Totally agree, I have been hearing about a Gen 3-specific Fox setup or one from Icon, but nothing has come yet. Perhaps they will release someone once the Gen 3s are all 10 years old and rust buckets by then.

velogil

Reaction score
I had the Eibach front springs installed on my 37 Gen3. Certainly made a visual difference as I like the way the truck sits better now. Currently the front is just less than an 1/8" lower than the rear but visually it looks perfect. The ride is just a tad more stiff vs. the stock ride...I'm very happy with the mod!!

Attachments

• IMG_0665.JPG
    IMG_0665.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Eibach front springs installed on my 37 Gen3. Certainly made a visual difference as I like the way the truck sits better now. Currently the front is just less than an 1/8" lower than the rear but visually it looks perfect. The ride is just a tad more stiff vs. the stock ride...I'm very happy with the mod!!
Do you have a few angle shots and side shot on level ground?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RPG UCAs?

OP
OP
H

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@hyrepower based on this picture it looks like 37pp shocks have about 1/4-1/2” more preload than the 35 shocks. The stock perch is clearly higher up if you look at the distance from the perch to the Fox sticker.
Diligent eyes you have there, but you are correct. I would think that is evidence enough to confirm our theory. So this means that the Eibach 1" springs would theoretically give the 37" trucks a but more than 1" of lift, more likely 1.5" or so. This would be too much for my preference. I think I am going to go with Camburgs King setup here in a few months.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Diligent eyes you have there, but you are correct. I would think that is evidence enough to confirm our theory. So this means that the Eibach 1" springs would theoretically give the 37" trucks a but more than 1" of lift, more likely 1.5" or so. This would be too much for my preference. I think I am going to go with Camburgs King setup here in a few months.
I’m not sure that’s true though since the stock springs are preloaded more too, and since the rates aren’t THAT different, I bet the 1” springs would still give you around 1”, but the ride height would still be about 1/2” higher up front than a 35 with the same springs.