GEN 2 Anyone using BOV on 2017 ford raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
order a TurboSmart yesterday from CJ Pony parts, $313.56 w/ free shipping, they expect them in mid July have 50 units on order, 12ish on their waiting list so far. Called turbosmart tech dept Tuesday, they said new kit # ts-0215-1371 is made to work with the 2017+ Raptors. And that CJ pony, Summit, and Full Race were a few of the big distributors that she knew should be getting large orders filled any day now...

Did a 10 minute "free" mod in the mean time. Pulled out the 2 air turbulance silencers from the intake pipes. Then removed the factory BOV air return pipe from the BOV and capped it at the nipple coming off the intake pipe with a rubber/silicone cap & zip tied ( for good measure) that i had laying around.
Sounds a bit cooler of a 'wooooshhh' sound but not as loud /or responsive as i anticipate the TurboSmart will be.

Bigoil

Reaction score
order a TurboSmart yesterday from CJ Pony parts, $313.56 w/ free shipping, they expect them in mid July have 50 units on order, 12ish on their waiting list so far. Called turbosmart tech dept Tuesday, they said new kit # ts-0215-1371 is made to work with the 2017+ Raptors. And that CJ pony, Summit, and Full Race were a few of the big distributors that she knew should be getting large orders filled any day now...

Did a 10 minute "free" mod in the mean time. Pulled out the 2 air turbulance silencers from the intake pipes. Then removed the factory BOV air return pipe from the BOV and capped it at the nipple coming off the intake pipe with a rubber/silicone cap & zip tied ( for good measure) that i had laying around.
Sounds a bit cooler of a 'wooooshhh' sound but not as loud /or responsive as i anticipate the TurboSmart will be.

Are you installing on stock intercooler or aftermarket ?

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any out specifically for our trucks??

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

I've seen a few different units so far. ADD and Full Race which look pretty similar, Whipple. Which all theee look like remounts behind the front grill. aFe has one coming out that looks like it's going to mount in the factory location.

hmgt3

Reaction score
I've seen a few different units so far. ADD and Full Race which look pretty similar, Whipple. Which all theee look like remounts behind the front grill. aFe has one coming out that looks like it's going to mount in the factory location.
I think I might opt for the AFE since it's a direct replacement. I'm still not very convinced that the stock IC needs to be replaced though. My truck is tuned. Keeping a eye on the threads discussing it.

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the Full Race IC kit. There is a hose connecting the stock EBOV to the intake so that the BOV vents to the intake.

Anybody wanting just the sound can disconnect the hose from the EBOV and cap it off. Thats how it ends up when you install the Full Race IC

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed this kit on my 18 last weekend. seems to work fine and sound good. but at idle, it sounds like a sprinkler is going in the distance.. best way i can describe the noise. i've triple checked all connections--turned 'down' the valve (turned knob in quieter direction..) and still has the noise.
Everything seems to be working--no codes, got boost, and the release works. but that noise at idle... :banghead:

anyone have this installed and can help with some feedback before I try to explain this to Turbosmart ?

(I'm trying to figure out how to upload the video.. do i need to use a site to embed? or can't i just upload?)

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed this kit on my 18 last weekend. seems to work fine and sound good. but at idle, it sounds like a sprinkler is going in the distance.. best way i can describe the noise. i've triple checked all connections--turned 'down' the valve (turned knob in quieter direction..) and still has the noise.
Everything seems to be working--no codes, got boost, and the release works. but that noise at idle... :banghead:

anyone have this installed and can help with some feedback before I try to explain this to Turbosmart ?

(I'm trying to figure out how to upload the video.. do i need to use a site to embed? or can't i just upload?)
Although annoying, I guess it's a known issue.
@Eddie G contacted them already about the noise. Could contact them anyway, maybe they'll fix it or have a suggestion to try.
There is a video in this thread here, at the top of page 2.
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/ebov-tick-tick-tick.68168/page-2

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called them too.. Spoke to Richard, who says he's the only tech there and says this a 'normal' noise, meaning install is fine and product is 'working'. He said there was another customer who called and was trying to come up with a fix last week, and i was going to also think of several options and get back with him next week.

However, i think we need to get on same page here and pressure them into coming up with a fix and sending to us or giving some money back so we can pay for the extra parts needed.. this was not even mentioned and should be or at least redesign it with a better hose..? it's obvious now.. look at the factory hose we take off. it's a formed connection with a hard plastic hose and not rubber. rubber one is collapsing just enough to cause it to oscillate at idle. this is a really annoying side effect of a not so cheap add on that doesn't even add any performance. And, little embarrassing sitting at lights with a 80K 'race' truck and it sounds like a sprinkler is going off inside. or even worse, like you have something wrong and not fixing it.

One person showed a fix but it involved a custom TB plate. So that would mean Turbo smart should be buying us new factory hoses and discounting the TB plate if that's the only way to make this work. Or just come up with a better replacement hose for the kit.

does anyone know what the hose connection is for? does it actually 'lock' the valve until you let off throttle? that's the only thing i can think it would be needed for.