Anyone add trailer mirrors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:win:I

Will you please provide details on the swap you did. I am very interested in doing this when my Raptor arrives. Thanks.

As am I when I pull my 8.5 wide trailer. I looked at Tasca Ford and its $750 (before shipping) for each mirror assembly with power telescope, power fold, turn signals, and camera. I did not see where it said if they were heated or not though, might have to call to get that info. Picture looks like two nuts and two bolts to swap the mirrors over.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

I mostly agree with you on this. I feel more comfortable with the tow mirrors on my daily driver since I have them on my Super Duty as well. My 8.5x20' enclosed with dirt bikes and gear was about the max I feel comfortable with pulling. I did 1500 mile trip with this setup, but in the end I'll take the F350 next trip.

Did you buy your mirrors local or from online vender/dealer?

Last edited:

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With this thread, I think the Raptor is being purchased by the wrong crowd these days. Just my .02!

Why does Ford put a hitch receiver, tow button, trailer blind spot monitors, trailer brake controller, etc etc etc on a truck that we all agree should never be used for any activity other than all that cool desert stuff?

Stinson

Reaction score
As am I when I pull my 8.5 wide trailer. I looked at Tasca Ford and its $750 (before shipping) for each mirror assembly with power telescope, power fold, turn signals, and camera. I did not see where it said if they were heated or not though, might have to call to get that info. Picture looks like two nuts and two bolts to swap the mirrors over.

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Did you buy your mirrors local or from online vender/dealer?

I ordered my mirrors from Tasca. Here are the part numbers that I ordered that have all functions. Keep in mind even with the correct switch my 802A truck is not wired for power telescope. All other functions work correctly. So the mirror switch I have listed below is just collecting dust in my tool box.

FL3Z-17682-AH (Black w360)
FL3Z-17683-AH (Black w360)

FL3Z-14529-BA (Window Switch)

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With this thread, I think the Raptor is being purchased by the wrong crowd these days. Just my .02!

I'm a pretty hateful person online and would normally agree. But after driving a truck with tow mirrors for so long these just feel cramped to me and I don't even tow with my raptor.

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my mirrors from Tasca. Here are the part numbers that I ordered that have all functions. Keep in mind even with the correct switch my 802A truck is not wired for power telescope. All other functions work correctly. So the mirror switch I have listed below is just collecting dust in my tool box.

FL3Z-17682-AH (Black w360)
FL3Z-17683-AH (Black w360)

FL3Z-14529-BA (Window Switch)

Are you going to keep the tow mirrors on your Raptor even with not towing? I haven't hooked up to my trailer with the raptor yet to see how visibility is yet but did you like them that much better than stock while driving around with out trailer? it's about $750 per mirror on Tasca and shipping is another $250 to where I am, rather a lot just for a look...

Stinson

Reaction score
If you are going to swap back and forth for just towing, get the knock offs. The swap is easy on this gen because the door panel does not need to be removed for the installation.

They can be swapped in 15min taking your time. Just make sure you get the correct connector. There is a 22pin and an 8 pin. My 802a truck as the 22pin connector.

Pull the little triangle off above your door panel and look at your connector. It can be pulled off by hand.

You will get a cluster message that will say blind spit disabled since the knock off mirrors do not have that function.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071CTNFDY/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

CROOKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are going to swap back and forth for just towing, get the knock offs. The swap is easy on this gen because the door panel does not need to be removed for the installation.

They can be swapped in 15min taking your time. Just make sure you get the correct connector. There is a 22pin and an 8 pin. My 802a truck as the 22pin connector.

Pull the little triangle off above your door panel and look at your connector. It can be pulled off by hand.

You will get a cluster message that will say blind spit disabled since the knock off mirrors do not have that function.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071CTNFDY/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Do these mirrors have blind spot monitering light?

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I just put my old Lariat 502A mirrors and I got check engine light. I also had the window switch and like many have reported the power extension doesn't work and the amber LED don't like up either. They have power, bliss (I think), 360 camera and that's it. I could deal with the power extension but no amber light. That sucks. I may sell the mirrors.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk