Antenna tuning question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is the shortest antenna that can be ran with these NMO setups and still have reasonable RX and TX? The current antenna (Comet SBB5NMO) I have is about 3ft long. I was thinking that off road having something a bit shorter would be desirable. I don't mind keeping this one on for road trips or around town but during an event it would be nice to have a shorter one. Also is anyone using a PL tone on these frequencies during the runs?

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
What is the shortest antenna that can be ran with these NMO setups and still have reasonable RX and TX? The current antenna (Comet SBB5NMO) I have is about 3ft long. I was thinking that off road having something a bit shorter would be desirable. I don't mind keeping this one on for road trips or around town but during an event it would be nice to have a shorter one. Also is anyone using a PL tone on these frequencies during the runs?

1/4 waves are much shorter. I run one on my dd. I think it's a little over a foot tall.

For what everyone on here is doing. The tuning chart is sufficient for good signal.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

No PL

OP
OP
bradsmith

bradsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I went ahead and picked the closest middle frequency and trimmed according to the included chart.
Thanks again for the always helpful community.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk