Another thought on lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I have thought about cutting up a Raptor Grill to mount LEDs into...and I did go as far as Photoshopping a few different design ideas with various lights.

What stopped me was the $500+ it would cost for a new plastic grill, I wasn't about to chop up the only one I have. I would love for someone else to do it though!

The $500 "screw up fee" is a bit steep isn't it? I don't quite trust myself enough with a dremel.:rofl:

CLAMUP

Reaction score
79 ford thunderbird

The headlights on the 1979 ford Thunderbird had air actuated covers that opened when the headlights were turned on, I need to get my hands on a set of these and work them into the upper and lower brick grills, dose anyone out there have a not to badly broken grill I could experiment with? i will pay shipping.

Attachments

• Ford Thunderbird_78_2.jpg
    Ford Thunderbird_78_2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 104
OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
The headlights on the 1979 ford Thunderbird had air actuated covers that opened when the headlights were turned on, I need to get my hands on a set of these and work them into the upper and lower brick grills, dose anyone out there have a not to badly broken grill I could experiment with? i will pay shipping.

OMG that would be so cool...

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
OMG that would be so cool...

If you did it so you were using pieces of the grill as covers, that would be the sickest shit ever. put some 8" HIDs behind them and it's instant awesome. If it was a solid cover or anything that didn't match the rest of the grill though, it'd be ugly as sin I'm betting.

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Yeah no I was thinking where the lower mesh part of the grill rotates back and up at a 90 degree and the 40" light bar simultaneously moves forward to where it sits where the grill was.

This would be the coolest Raptor mod ever.

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys if you're looking for mounting options, remember Baja Designs has the Ford Raptor mount kit that allows you to mount one or two 20" Stealth bars in the slot of the Raptors bumper. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or give me a call.

Thanks,
Zach BD
760-560-2252

Attachments

• stealth.jpg
    stealth.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 51
  • stealth 1.jpg
    stealth 1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 47

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah no I was thinking where the lower mesh part of the grill rotates back and up at a 90 degree and the 40" light bar simultaneously moves forward to where it sits where the grill was.

This would be the coolest Raptor mod ever.

Yeah your idea is better than mine, I'll concede that. making the 40" bar move too is what puts it over the top. :peace: