Another thought on lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
As you guys may or may not know, I have my 40" Rigid LED bar mounted behind my grill. This setup appealed to me because of the stealth aspect as well as theft deterrent.

Well, unfortunately, you also lose quite a bit of usable light mounted this way. I always just told myself that it still threw out a shit ton of light so I was happy.

Until now.:birgits_tiredcoffee

My question is, since currently I want to keep the stock bumper, has anyone mounted the 40" to the Ford Racing light bar? You know, that little bull bar looking thing? Or any other mounting solutions would be welcome.

I know I don't want to go to the roof.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think.... most people mount the 30" bar instead of the 40 due to the width. Now.... You could fab one up that took a 40" and protected it better :waytogo:

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

I think my top flat part is like 32"..... i think... :pp:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
40 inches is a bit of a problem. If you intend to fab your own light bar and measure between your primary mount points - the tow hook bolts - then you know that you're working with something less than 35 inches. That introduces some design challenges.

You might have a look at the N-Fab Pre-Runner:
Manufacturers of high quality Nerf Steps, Prerunners, Harley Bars, Light Bars, Replacement Front Bumpers, Rock Rails, Rear Runners, Tire Carriers & Truck Accessories
It might be the solution for you.

I have their Rear Runner, and it's a good, solid design.

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I think.... most people mount the 30" bar instead of the 40 due to the width. Now.... You could fab one up that took a 40" and protected it better :waytogo:

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

I think my top flat part is like 32"..... i think... :pp:

This is what I'm thinking.

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Madcowranch If you figure this out definitely let me know. I was looking at the 40 behind the grill but don't want to lose that much light either

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I been thinking and figuring:
Nipping off the top row of the grill below the ’FORD’; using single row LED light bars; a 20” narrow beam in the center and two wide beam 10” slightly angled out left and right …

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I been thinking and figuring:
Nipping off the top row of the grill below the ’FORD’; using single row LED light bars; a 20” narrow beam in the center and two wide beam 10” slightly angled out left and right …

???Interesting... Photoshop help on this? Why the top row under the FORD? What about a row in the middle to make it appear as if they are "floating" in the grill below the FORD... Just spitballin' here...

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?idlfu5

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
???Interesting... Photoshop help on this? Why the top row under the FORD? What about a row in the middle to make it appear as if they are "floating" in the grill below the FORD... Just spitballin' here...

You nip yours anywhere you like! … Just don’t nip mine!

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have thought about cutting up a Raptor Grill to mount LEDs into...and I did go as far as Photoshopping a few different design ideas with various lights.

What stopped me was the $500+ it would cost for a new plastic grill, I wasn't about to chop up the only one I have. I would love for someone else to do it though!